Beastclaw Raider advice

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
MetalNids
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Beastclaw Raider advice

Post by MetalNids » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:24 pm

So i decided to get into AoS with Beastclaw Raiders because I really like the models and love the idea of the frozen tundra going to war.

I have the Icewind Assault box on order and picked up a box of Mournfang Pack for a few extra models.

I know they are not magic oriented, which is fine by me. They seem to be very strong once they get into combat, but low on model count. I was thinking of making a Stornhorn and a Thundertusk of some variety and just go with the Icebrow Hunter as a general for now.

Is there anything I really need to worry about? I figure blob armies might be a challenge or ones with heavy magic use.

Any suggestions or experiences would be wonderful to hear.

MWGJosh
Silver Vault Member

Re: Beastclaw Raider advice

Post by MWGJosh » Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 pm

I have a few Beastclaw games that went up recently so hopefully they helped you a bit. Feel free to email me at josh@miniwargaming.com if you have any Beastclaw questions for me :)

Pellynor
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Beastclaw Raider advice

Post by Pellynor » Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 pm

From my personal experience the blob doesn't really do too much damage to the big nasties of the Beastclaws. In theory in should, soaks up lots of wounds, tosses out a bunch of attacks, but with the high volume of wounds and just sheer massive amount of damage mournfang or the Thundertusk or Stonehorns can do, it's not too bad. Obviously pick your targets and and support them as much as possible but you can deal with most things that get thrown at you.

Now magic, that I can see messing up your day, ESPECIALLY with Tzeentch.
Fantasy:
Bretonnia
Daemons of Chaos
High Elves
Vampire Counts

Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Khorne Daemonkin
Tyranids