New Faction, and the reason why I might join

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

New Faction, and the reason why I might join

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 am

Without further ado: Steampunk Dwarf pirates?.

To be fair, I wasn't expecting to get into AoS, and I was a little ambivalent with the Fyreslayers, but, now that the Warmahordes community here is non-existant (there's me an another player, and he's quitting due to Blood Bowl, and we have more BB players), and there is a growing AoS base here... Yeah, this convinces me. I'll probably get a mix of the three Dwarf armies (Dispossessed, Fyreslayers, and these guys), and start from there. Also, I think I'll be trading/selling my Trollbloods.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: New Faction, and the reason why I might join

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:23 pm

I really like the Fyreslayers - they've grown on me.

I don't really like the balloon guy (though I can see why they made him etc) but the other dwarves are pretty cool! I love steampunky dwarves! The flying unit is awesome looking as well
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Finally, I was right and the teaser picture with a Bloodthrister confronting something that looked mechanical was a dwarven machine.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Guildenstern wrote:I really like the Fyreslayers - they've grown on me.

I don't really like the balloon guy (though I can see why they made him etc) but the other dwarves are pretty cool! I love steampunky dwarves! The flying unit is awesome looking as well
Yeah, the balloon guy is weird, I might have to do some kitbashing/converting to turn that into a jetpack of sorts, but I appreciate the top hat, monocle and gentleman's curly mustache xD.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:11 pm

General-Kroll wrote:*cough* Squats *cough*

These seem so perfectly placed for those who've been waiting for Space Dwarves to return for the last 20 years that it's almost embarrassing that GW have slapped them in AoS packaging.

Obviously they er squatted the Squats years ago, so I can understand why they've put their steampunk faction in Sigmar. But boy oh boy these are just so perfect for Squats.

I will be getting some, and they won't even need much converting. These are clearly sci-fi models.
There's also their Necromunda-but-not-quite skirmish game... So, Squats-Mechanicus, maybe? :p

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:04 pm

This is true

Although I'm still miffed there are no space rats. I've said it before, I'll say it again :P if any race was going to survive from Fantasy times to the 40k universe, you know it'd be rats :P and cockroaches but they already have tyranids.

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:04 am

General-Kroll wrote:I would be ALL OVER space rats. I think they had plans for them in the early days of 40k The Hrud were originally going to be Space Skaven. That would have been awesome.
Well, if you're ok with using figures from other companies, there's the Veer-Myn from Mantic Games, which are basically space rats. Rules-wise, I'm not sure. However, if there is one game where I'm sure the Space Rats should appear, is in Shadow Wars (Or Necromunda 2.0), which is also another thing that has me excited :D.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am

ArqArturo wrote:
General-Kroll wrote:I would be ALL OVER space rats. I think they had plans for them in the early days of 40k The Hrud were originally going to be Space Skaven. That would have been awesome.
Well, if you're ok with using figures from other companies, there's the Veer-Myn from Mantic Games, which are basically space rats. Rules-wise, I'm not sure. However, if there is one game where I'm sure the Space Rats should appear, is in Shadow Wars (Or Necromunda 2.0), which is also another thing that has me excited :D.
Counts as guard would be the easy choice.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:20 pm

A question about the old WHF bases: Do I need to change them to a round base, or can I use the square bases?.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:31 pm

ArqArturo wrote:A question about the old WHF bases: Do I need to change them to a round base, or can I use the square bases?.
The rules clearly state that bases don't matter. So, you can keep your old bases without problems.

I also think that for space Skavens, the Genestealer Cult is perfect. Both of them like living underground and both use weird weapons.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am

General-Kroll wrote:Genestealer Cult would be my choice for Skaven to be honest, that or some kind of themed Dark Mechanicus.

Taking into account that Skavens live underground and use weird weapons, I think the Genestealer Cult would be perfect.
No.

No, no. NO.

lol

I really don't like Genestealer cult but I see where you're going with that. Anyway, I love the Veermyn models, I've been thinking about doing an Admech army with Skaven (counts as). Several others have done it and its turned out really cool looking!

But I would like some actual space rat rules etc. Maybe after 8th comes out. It could happen. The dwarves give me hope.