What Is The Purpose Of Totems?

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
Pellynor
MiniWarGaming Beginner

What Is The Purpose Of Totems?

Post by Pellynor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Hey all,

I'm just getting into Age of Sigmar and I've noticed that the old Battle Standard Bearers have the 'Totem' keyword. I've looked around but I can't seem to find anything with regards to what this keyword does, if anything at all. Anyone else encountered this or know what it does?

Thanks
Fantasy:
Bretonnia
Daemons of Chaos
High Elves
Vampire Counts

Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Khorne Daemonkin
Tyranids

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Totems?

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Pellynor wrote:Hey all,

I'm just getting into Age of Sigmar and I've noticed that the old Battle Standard Bearers have the 'Totem' keyword. I've looked around but I can't seem to find anything with regards to what this keyword does, if anything at all. Anyone else encountered this or know what it does?

Thanks
I know that some of the scenery has the keyword Totem (providing a benefit if a Totem keyword unit is in the army for instance). I don't have the chaos book or any of the others (which I suspect is where that information is). I do have the General's Handbook and I didn't see anything about it but I could have missed it too.

I'm sure someone else will pop up and enlighten us exactly :)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Return to “Age of Sigmar”