Bonesplitterz Icebone Warclan

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
Frankenfreund
Now we're getting somewhere...

Bonesplitterz Icebone Warclan

Post by Frankenfreund » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:50 am

Hey guys!
I just became a Vault Member today, hooray! Although being a member for only several hours, I already have a question. In this case, it is about Age of Sigmar.

I bought the Bonesplitterz book and like it a lot. Some of the infantry formations don't make too much sense to me. You need big units like the normal boys or the arrow boys... But then you need also many units to make the formations work. For some that might be challenging, for me it is kind of confusing. :-)

So my focus right now lies on the boar cavalry.

The idea of having a cavalry only list was one I had already back in the 8th edition times, but it did not work out well (High Elves... looked good on paper).
Anyway, my idea is to have a Snaga Ruk turn into a Icebone Warclan. The extra range gives me the possibility to get all over the map, get weird angle strikes onto the enemy (especially ones with bigger bases) and deal with monsters by having them hit last.
Weaknesses: No ranged fighting, no rend. The model count is not too low, as I think other armies are even more elitist. Here is an example of my list:

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)

Units
Savage Boarboy Maniaks x 5 (160)
Savage Boarboyz x 10 (240)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Snaga Rukk (40)
Icebone Warclan (100)

Total: 1940/2000

This is 60 units with 190 Wounds among them.
I will face mostly Khorne-followers, one Sylvaneth player, one clan pestilence hunchback and two Sigmarites. So I do acknowledge that not having rend will be rough, especially against the Stormcast Eternals.

So do you have any ideas on this or would do you agree or disagree flat out?

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Bonesplitterz Icebone Warclan

Post by Dez » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:59 am

Welcome aboard! The Bonesplitterz are a really fun, fluffy...and competitive army! The Triumvirate!

The Warclans are made up of Battalions, so it can be a bit confusing if starting out. However you've nailed it, and the Icebone Warclan are not only cool fluffwise (pun unintended but staying) but are also strong. You've got a decent model count and should be able to do well at most of the scenarios.

Da Icebone Skull is great for your general, it's probably the best artifact in the book. You could also consider taking Squirmy Warpaint Trait and another Artifact. You'll get to pick one more (1 for your army, 1 extra for the Battalion) which you can give to the other Weirdnob. Dokk Juice is another great choice.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Frankenfreund
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Bonesplitterz Icebone Warclan

Post by Frankenfreund » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:56 am

Hey Dez,
thanks for the answer!

So you really think a cavalry only list would be competitive? It's kind of hard to believe that - especially without the famous arrowshooting boys!

My number one question will be: How many Boys will get into combat. And that's where I see the problem.