Cam Vs Josh

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Cam Vs Josh

Post by camsmclean » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm

I love Khorne, and the new AoS models don't (or do) help this :D

I'm going in this week to play Josh. Here's my list. I have lots of Chaos, hounds, bloodletters, skullcrushers, skullcannon, Korogoroth, soulgrinder and lots from the other Gods, but would like to keep this Khorne, Ill be back with the other Gods, don't worry.

BloodStoker
Bloodsecretor
Slaughter Priest
Bloodthrister of (something) Fury
BloodMaster Khorne Herald

BloodWarriors - 20
BloodReaver - 30 or 40
SkullReaper - 5
Bloodletters - 20
Warshrine (Khorne Style)

So... that's 1880, with 120 left, I'm not sure. Hounds? Maybe drop the 40 Reavers to 30 and take the Mighty Lord of Khorne (with 20 left over), his axe seems pretty great or just another Lord/Boss guy. If I drop the Reavers from 40 to 30 I could fit in a SkullCannon.

I've only played a handful of AoS, so any general tips would be great.

Thanks
CAM
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Cam Vs Josh

Post by Dez » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:00 am

Some shooting wouldn't be bad, character sniping is something you may want/need to do.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 am

I'm not much help advice wise, but glad to see the return of Cam to the fantasy scene!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Good to be back!

I had no range other than the Bloodthristers lash/whip.

I had my game yesterday, and I wont give away who won, you will have to watch. It was close though. I think I will try some range next time, maybe the skullcannon and soulgrinder (or two). Next time Ill mix up the Gods, maybe try out some Nurgle and some Tzeentch magic (love Tzeentch, Im painting the Silver Tower and want to use some of those models for my Tzeentch army).

I also just finished Archaon (I have all 3 now, on foot, mounted (on horse) and REALLY mounted(on 3 headed dragon)).
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:46 am

I still need to paint m Archaon on Foot, I just can't seem to think of a good colour scheme for him though, as I don't want to go for the classic black armour with red edges.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.