AoS App

For all the discussions on Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

AoS App

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Anyone have it and used it?

What I'd really like to see is some idea of a review for what is a good set of books to buy in/for it I think - for instance if you're mainly interested in Chaos, Skaven, or what have you.

The free part of the app gives you access to all the free pdfs so that's quite good.

It starts getting a bit confusing after that, as there is some overlap in that you can buy packs, which include scenarios, battletomes for certain things, or you can buy individual scenarios, or battletomes for instance.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: AoS App

Post by Dez » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:57 pm

I'm personally waiting for the generals handbook.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: AoS App

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 am

Well I bought the Clan Skyre bit - apparently only available in the Chaos Alliance book, kind of annoying.

Still, was cheaper than the whole book. And while I'd like the whole thing, the only bit I really would use is the Skaven stuff, which isn't even a huge part of the book, sadly.

Definitely buying the General's Handbook, but likely not much else for AoS.

If they're going to divide stuff up on an app like this, they really need to completely divide it up, so it's easier to mix and match *or* make it advantageous to buy the physical book over the electronic version. As it stands right now, it's very confusing, some of the electronic book sets come with the battle plans and warscrolls, some don't.

A clear, modular plan would have likely made GW a lot more money here.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)