SweetSorrows Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

SweetSorrows Weekly Paint 2016

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Well, it has been almost 3 years since I have done this so feels weird to be back. But hi again everyone. im hoping to to use this to get back into things and maybe one of these days get around to painting everything inbetween work and school. But who knows. Hopefully ill have some minis painted or started on by the end of the weekend to show you all.
In the meantime i do need assistance on a decision of sorts to make. So i recently may have accidentally suckered two other people into starting 40k and i wanted to start fresh with them, but i am at an utter loss what faction to play with them. Now they want to go Space Wolves and another marine faction so was leaning away from marines but Blood Angels or Salamanders are just soo tempting.
However was thinking maybe trying a Tyranid, Deamon, or a Dark Eldar/Eldar army potentially for some variety. any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated, in the meantime distraction Deamon Prince Image
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: SweetSorrows Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Pretty!!

And I vote Dark Eldar/Eldar if we get to vote ;)

us xenos gotta stick together :P
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: SweetSorrows Weekly Paint 2016

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:00 am

I am indeed leaning towards a xenos faction, just that Salamander army has been begging to be done for a long time. Did find a nice deal for a Tyranid boy of 20 gaunts, 3 warriors, two zoanthropes, 3 warriors and a hive tyrant for 40$ so thats partially influencing me. Really depending on whether Kabalties warriors are good for Dark Eldar as they are few of the things i like for the faction or if i can get away with doing a more vehicle heavy eldar list. Not sure though i need some thought on it,
speaking of which what type of paint and primer does everyone like to use or recommend. Havent done the hobbying thing inawhile so i need new paints but i dont feel the need to buy citadel beyond the metallics and washes to be honest. Also any good airbrushes for beginners anyone knows of?
Glad to see Naraxhuimal gathered approval ;3
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII