Maester64's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Maester64
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Maester64's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Maester64 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:43 am

Hi Everyone!

I have finally settled down for a bit and I finally got my painting groove back, and decided now that I am moving to a place with a Local GW, that its time to bring my painting skills back up to par.

I started painting about 4 years ago, and when I first started, I sucked. badly. lol. Learning from quite a few people on Youtube and through Google, today I am proud to say that I have successfully won 2 Best Painted Awards(both 40k(Orks and Tyranids)) and I have put it off way too long not to show my work here.

My background of painting has been mainly 40K, however, I am starting to look at Age of Sigmar more, and I have painted up some of the Stormcast Eternals from the AOS box. I also purchased 2 models that I plan actually making my army around.

So far I am going to work on the Stardrake first, and I hope to post some pictures of the progress along the way!

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: Maester64's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Mach-Ten » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 am

Plus 1 for purple 'Crons ! :D

Maester64
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Maester64 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:07 pm

Well, its that time again! I have been meaning to post more, however my living situation changed, and now that I am solid in a place, and have my own nice office to use, I have been able to make some mad work on the Stardrake.

So far I have been able to complete the main body of the Stardrake, and I am very happy with the results. I now have the Templar rider in the queue, and also a new Knight-Heraldor to start as well.

Skarbrand and a Hive Tyrant will be also hopefully next week, So I will try to keep updated!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:26 am

Great paintjob! Are you leaving the base as it is? It appears a bit dull next to the wonderful and colourful painted dragon. Perhaps adding a bit of flock or static grass might help to break it up a bit. Nothing to fancy/bright, but just something to break through the blunt brown/grey. Just my personal taste!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Maester64
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Maester64 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:51 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:Great paintjob! Are you leaving the base as it is? It appears a bit dull next to the wonderful and colourful painted dragon. Perhaps adding a bit of flock or static grass might help to break it up a bit. Nothing to fancy/bright, but just something to break through the blunt brown/grey. Just my personal taste!
Yes, I plan to add much more to the base, Exactly what, I am not sure yet. lol I will be adding a couple grass tuffs, and probably see if I can find something a little more filling for in front of him.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:15 pm

That's gorgeous, love the wings!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Maester64
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Maester64 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey Guys!

Another quick update, I have almost completed Skarbrand (just need to finish the base)

Also, Whats the best place to put pictures to post here? I really hate Photobucket...

Maester64
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Maester64 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:19 am

I got another Update, woot!

So with the Release of the new Genestealer Cult, I have Purchased the first wave of Models, and have a few more models on the way as well. I also Have a couple other units for the Tyranids that I am finally completing, with a Haruspex, Exocrine and Hive Tyrant(not pictured) I am hoping to have these 3 done by this weekend, as the 2nd wave of Genestealer cult models drop, and I and going to try and dedicate my time to get a 1850 army ready for them.

So far I just have the models base coated, and I will post a good few pictures of the Nids once I have completed these ones.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:41 am

I'm sure you'll be having lots of fun with these models! Looking forward for some cultist action in your thread!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Maester64
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Maester64 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:38 pm

Alas! The Second order is finally in! I finally got more Genestealer Cult units in, and Cant wait to get alot of these built, and an 1850 point army list. I will update again once I have most of the models built!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Oooh nice!! can't wait to see them built =D looks like you're going to ahve some fun!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)