#theweeklypaint 2016 by sir back up!

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

#theweeklypaint 2016 by sir back up!

Post by Sir-back-up » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 am

Hello guys :)
I found some harlequins at my home when i was cleaning and then i painted them:D

First off shadowseer

Then this solitare

I have forgotten how fun models these are to paint, still got voidweaver,2 skyweavers and 6 harlequins to go .. Then to the shop to buy more these guys:D
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: #theweeklypaint 2016 by sir back up!

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:01 pm

very cool!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:25 am

Nicely done! What kind of black do you use? It looks more dull than GW's black (Chaos black/Abbadon black, whatever it's called at the moment). I like your basing!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:54 am

LordMcAllister wrote:Nicely done! What kind of black do you use? It looks more dull than GW's black (Chaos black/Abbadon black, whatever it's called at the moment). I like your basing!
I used just black primer and highlighted it with fenrisian grey and gived it a couple of coats blue wash and then it was done:)
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:57 am

Hello !
I havent been updating anything in here for some time now.. I have been on vacation and painted mostly dark angels commission that i got, when i got payed for another commission i buyed some blood angels, here are pictures of my jump pack chaplain that i painted last night while watching blade and resident evil :D

Time to go out and prime rest of the blood angels!:p
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:22 am

I painted more blood angels :)
Thus time death company dreadnought and stormraven , also banner bearer for my jump pack command squad

These were easy and fast to paint so maybe i can paint rest of my minies fast and can play a game with these
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 pm

So i bought the white dwarf issue where i got khorne slaugtherpriest and now it is done :D
It was very nice change to paint some fantasy than 40k...

I liked the model so much that i might collect a little army of khorne for aos:D

Thats all this time:p maybe soon i will buy more these guys:p
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:50 am

looks great!

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:00 am

Nappen wrote:looks great!
General-Kroll wrote:Not sure how I've missed this thread, but there's some really nice stuff in here.
And there will be more stuff soon:D
Viking 21 wrote:Looking great, excellent work on the skin tones!! Fantastic work on the base too with the snow and blood effects. It's just the right amount. Very often people get carried away and it looks like they punched through a whale and get covered head to to. This looks great!
Thanks:p yeah i must agree with you with the blood effects, thats why i was very carefull where i put it and how much i didnt want to cover whole model with the blood.. and often people use blood for the blood god straigth out off pot , i used to abaddon black and bfbg paint mixture so i got darker blood and pure bfbg to get splatters :)
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Sir-back-up
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Sir-back-up » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Viking 21 wrote:Looks great though. Definitely will have to try that myself mixing black with the bftbg technical. Did you paint the splatter or try to flick it a tiny bit off the end of the Brush controlled? It looks like you painted it all on but just was curious.
Painted all the blood effects with brush, even the splatter effect because i want to make sure i got the paint were i wanted ..
My projects
Orks
White scars
Blood angels
Eldar corsairs
Astra militarum
Death guard
Thousand sons
30k thousand sons

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:39 am

Top level stuff you got there man! I am in the same boat with Kroll, I really need to check this thread more often!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.