ieshadow's #theweeklypaint2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

ieshadow's #theweeklypaint2016

Post by ieshadow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the mini war gaming forums, and found this to be a good place to start. I am currently working on two projects I am looking to complete before I can move on to other models. It have been sometime since I have played 40k, but want to invest back into it soon, but not until these are done. I have two miniature board games in progress: Star wars: Imperial Assault, and Tail Feathers. I am currently about half way through Imperial Assault, and Tail Feathers is primed up. I will attempt to post weekly with what I am painting, and will post some pictures of the games when I can.
Thank you for this idea, and look forward to sharing with you all.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: ieshadow's #theweeklypaint2016

Post by Dez » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Welcome, we look forward to your work in progress!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:55 pm

This is an AT-ST that has been painted, just not based yet.

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Then we have the probe droids and ig-88.

Did a subtle detail with the probe droids to determine which is which while in play. Each one has a different eye color. The red is the elite.

I have a few more that are finished that I can post up, of the stormtroopers, imperial guard, Darth Vader, and some creatures I can't remember the name of.

But this week my hope is to paint up the imperial officers. There are three. One will be an elite.

Thanks!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Ohhh I love it!

great idea about the eye colour

can't wait to see the AT-ST painted as well
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Haha the AT-ST is painted.
I will try and get a better image up.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:15 am

lol my bad, I read too quickly sometimes

and it's hard to remember Imperial colours aren't as aaaahh vibrant, let's say, as some of the 40k stuff I've gotten used to lol
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:04 am

No problem!

New pictures tonight. Going to try and set it up with better lighting.

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:29 am

Here's a pic of Darth Vader.

And a couple more of the AT-ST.

Didn't get a chance to get the imperial guard and storm troopers up yet. I will get them next week with the progress of the imperial commanders.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:54 am

Very nicely painted minis! Did you see the deathmatch part of the forums, yet? If you still got some minis from the Imperial Assault game to paint by next month, perhaps you'd like to compete in a deathmatch? I'm currently actually painting this game as well! Do you still have the Rebels left to paint? Didn't touch a single one, yet.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 am

Thank you!

Only primed up right now. Haven't started in them yet.

I will take a look at the deathmatch rules and see what it is all about!

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:15 am

LordMcAllister wrote:If you still got some minis from the Imperial Assault game to paint by next month, perhaps you'd like to compete in a deathmatch? I'm currently actually painting this game as well! Do you still have the Rebels left to paint?
Read up on it and I think it will be doable! Pick a model or models you want to paint from the rebel side and we will paint it up!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:43 am

ieshadow wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:If you still got some minis from the Imperial Assault game to paint by next month, perhaps you'd like to compete in a deathmatch? I'm currently actually painting this game as well! Do you still have the Rebels left to paint?
Read up on it and I think it will be doable! Pick a model or models you want to paint from the rebel side and we will paint it up!
Great! How about doing Jyn Odan in July? :)
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

ieshadow
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ieshadow » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:49 am

LordMcAllister wrote:
ieshadow wrote:
Let's do it!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:50 am

ieshadow wrote:
LordMcAllister wrote:
ieshadow wrote:
Let's do it!
Looking forward to it! :)
Painted in 2018: