Cerberusrex25's Weekly paint 2016 AKA how I will finish my army.

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Cerberusrex25's Weekly paint 2016 AKA how I will finish my army.

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 am

Cerberusrex25 wrote:Yeah, the purple tentacles it's my favorite detail too guys. I'm really happy with my choice of purple and approach to it, much to the GW store employee's chagrin, the results are exactly what I wanted.
Why is the employee against the use of purple on the tentacle? I find it looks really good!

Anyway, I really like your Helbrute. It looks really really nice.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Cerberusrex25
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Cerberusrex25 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 am

Kovlovsky wrote:
Why is the employee against the use of purple on the tentacle? I find it looks really good!

Anyway, I really like your Helbrute. It looks really really nice.
He was trying to sell me Both the Genestealer purple layer and the Nagaroth Night base, I saw the results and I felt Nagaroth was too deep and dark, so I told him that just the layer would do, h was not pleased and made some passive aggressive comments on how I was wrong to which I just told him I don't do things the traditional way. It was one bad experience with one particular dude( whom is sadly the manager) everyone else at that place is awesome and supportive, the dude who rolls Tau there and I are always swapping modelling/ painting tips.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:33 am

Doh that sucks Cerebrusrex :( don't let it get you down!

Honestly, that's odd, unless he's just trying to push the paint, cuz sales, I guess... I mean, anyone who's painted for a time *knows* not only is there more than one way to get to a similar result, but that experimentation makes for the best combinations ^_^

anyways love your hellbrute! He's looking awesome!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 am

We are glad to have you, glad to hear its motivation to keep painting.

It sounds like it may have been ego as opposed to sale...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Cerberusrex25
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Week 3

Post by Cerberusrex25 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really love the community. Guess @Ronin was right when he recommended the forums when we met at my local game store. So for week three I will take a bit of a break from the 40k stuff, since I feel I need to step away or I will burn myself out, I have not done it in the past and it really has turned me off from a couple things. But I did finish the horns on the brute, and I gotta say, for being a bit of a gamble for fixing a chip on one of them, this turned out really good.

But, what am I gonna be working on you ask? I will step away to give this poor neglected kit some love, I had this beast for about 2 years and it is now begging me to build it.

So, not quite on the painting side this week but, Still gonna partake in the hobby.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Modeling counts!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Ohhh that model looks fantastic!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 am

Hah! A friend of mine has that exact Metal Gear Rex model. Used it as a Knight proxy on more than one occasion.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Cerberusrex25
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Cerberusrex25 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Wow, I was thinking of using it today. So today I spent all day separating this beast from all the runners. Look at all the stuff I have to clean.

Cerberusrex25
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Cerberusrex25 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:33 am

Well, there was nothing major to report but then this happened:

A piece of one of the major assemblies came broken from factory, If it had broken in transit I would have located the other piece and repaired it but, alas, that was not the case. Thankfully Kotobukiya has a US division in California so I have replacement parts coming in, so until then, more sanding of tiny parts and prepping for an epic paintjob.

I'm in between peace walker or the MSF color scheme, maybe i'll even try the true digicam but in a greyscale instead of the green/tan version.