Rick's first time painting! #theweeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
OverlordRick
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Rick's first time painting! #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by OverlordRick » Tue May 31, 2016 3:20 pm

After years of slowly amassing models, I've finally found a group of friends who are seriously into the game, so now I finally have the motivation to work more on painting!

I have Space Marines, and a custom chapter / colour scheme. I'm still working out where I want it to go, but I finally found a blue I like for the base. I'm thinking of doing black for the bolter casings, green for the eyes, and white for the shoulder trim and eagles and stuff like that.

On a side note, the Total War Warhammer game has pushed me to start collecting Fantasy units, even though I'm sure I might never get to play a game of regular fantasy.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Rick's first time painting! #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by Dez » Tue May 31, 2016 4:20 pm

Nice start to your Marines, though I think red for the eyes would be better.

Don't let the internet fool you, Age of Sigmar is a fun game. It's just hard to put together a pick up game imo.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue May 31, 2016 5:11 pm

everyone I've talked to who's actually played AoS has liked it - I'll admit I'm more biased against it since I love my little rat massively ranked armies but even the Skaven apparently do very well in it, if you can find a game.

Very exciting about your painting!! it's always good to see more painters' work =)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Guildenstern wrote:everyone I've talked to who's actually played AoS has liked it...
I have exactly the opposite experience.