Koonitz Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Koonitz Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:57 am

neat! it does look ready for highlighting to me

you can always go back over it a bit later with another glaze too
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:03 am

Wow, that thing is a BEAST! Really nice model and I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on it! The shades are coming along nicely! I'm really interested how it may look on the completed mini and if you need to do another layer, once the rest is painted, to make it stand out even more from the painted rest.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:47 am

I apologize for the complete lack of updates. Aliarielle hit a roadblock when I needed paint and the only local source (our beloved FLGS) was flooded. It has been a couple months now and they're still rebuilding and dealing with insurance. I finally broke down over the weekend and ordered a small bundle of paints from GW that should allow me to get nearly completely done the Wordroth beetle. By that time, I hope that either the store has been re-opened, or I may have to make another order.

In the meantime, I've had very little motivation to paint. I finally got through one model and forced myself to start another.
[+] Expand
The infantry was the last model needed to finish my Echoes of the Damned ghosts (Legion of the Damned stand-in). This gives me a full unit of 10 with swap in melta/multi-melta or plasmagun/cannon. The plasmagun is a third party gun that was given as a free bit when I did an order with Kromlech.

The vehicle, of course, is another refurb project of an old Vindicator. I probably could have spent more time filling gaps as GW's old plastic/metal tank kits were notorious back in the day for not fitting perfectly (I dealt with a lot of them during my time as a Guardsman). But, I got lazy and forced myself to start painting. Gonna fit a dozer blade on it eventually. Not sure if I want to go with the existing mount and one of my copious old dozer blades, or try to fit one of the newer Guard dozer blades on it and try to pass it off as a siege shield. May just be that one guy that fields a Vindicator with a dozer blade instead to save the meltabomb's worth of points.

Edit: I completely forgot the month! I totally painted a scary, spooky skeleton.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:42 am

Yeah it looks really good!

Sometimes it's hard to keep motivated painting these giant models, I know my Mawkrusha is taking me a while.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Koonitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Still waiting for my paints to arrive. Getting burnt out from work and decided to take a 2 week vacation after next week. Most likely I'll be spending the majority of that time focused on "Getting Alarielle done". Or, at least, the wordroth beetle, because I only ordered the paints necessary to complete the beetle.

In the meantime, I completed the refurb project. Not my best work, but eh. *shrugs*
[+] Expand
Edit: In case anyone's curious, old and new.
[+] Expand
Edit 2: Fixed first pictures.
Last edited by Koonitz on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:42 am

am liking your ghost infantry.

I recently went through a paint lull as well.

Can see a difference in your old and new!

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Got some new paints and just started a 2 week vacation. Time to get some work done on the beetle.
[+] Expand
Armies:

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:27 pm

Did some work on the beetle. Let me pull up the pictures....

Ah, crap! I accidentally'd a Thousand Sons marine.
[+] Expand
Armies:

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:13 am

looks great

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 pm

More Thousand Sons Marines.
[+] Expand
Armies:

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:47 am

look good. I particularly like the dust on the legs.

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 pm

I got around to doing another one of my "probably never to be used outside of a tournament" set of models.

4 members of my 9th Company, wielding compact, drop versions of the standard gravity cannon. Meant, of course, to be used in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force, deployed via drop pod. The grav cannons, lacking a bulky backpack power unit, are more mobile and compact, perfect for deployment via an otherwise cramped drop pod or landing craft like the storm raven. However, they do lack the staying power of their traditional counterparts, with a vastly reduced charge life. To maximize efficiency, the weapon's targeting augers and amplification module are wired directly into the wielder's power armour, drawing power from its power plant. This can slow the wielder down considerably when the weapon is fully powered on, but does serve to drastically increase charge time.

These grav cannons are typically only deployed in a rapid strike in conjunction with a traditional ground assault, where they can be retrieved by elements on the ground before being overwhelmed.
[+] Expand
The GravCannons are Kromlech Gravity Cannons, which do not come with backpacks.
Armies:

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:29 am

No new models. Just an update that my Thousand Sons Marine won best painted model in the local tourney that happened over the weekend. Pleased as punch about that one.
Armies: