Mars-Crusader's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Mars-Crusader's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Mars-Crusader » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 pm

4 month into 2016 and I have yet to paint a single thing. Time for me to make my return to the war on grey miniatures and continue to showcase my terrible pictures. I have to prioritize my work to balance between painting and building things for Halloween. So I have decided to focus on painting my adeptus mechanicus which consists of

To Paint:
30x Vanguard
10x Rangers
4x Ironstrider Ballistarius
4x Sydonian Dragoons
16x Sicarian Ruststalkers
9x Sicarian Infiltrators
5x Imperial Knights
15x Kataphron Battle Servitors
2x Cybernetica Datasmiths
10x Fulgurite Electro-Priests
10x Corpuscarii Electro-Priests

Painted:
1x Tech Priest Dominus
10x Vanguard
10x Rangers
5x Onager Dunecrawlers
8x Kastelan Robots

The army in all of it unpainted glory
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Fri May 20, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Mars-Crusader's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:42 pm

YES!! love your adeptus stuffs :D can't wait to see more!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Shiny!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:01 am

God speed sirrah!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Mars-Crusader » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:40 am

So now I submit my first 4 painted models of the year in the same poor picture quality you may remember from my 2015 weekly paint.

Models Painted 2016: 4
Points Painted 2016: 480

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:32 am

Oh wow that's quite a force there love them :D

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:30 am

They look great, I love the sepia legs.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Fri May 20, 2016 6:32 pm

So since I started painting my Kastelans a month ago I have had lots of things that slowed down my painting. Minor things like
-Looking for a home
-Shift change at work for more overtime
-training for a half marathon
-building things for Halloween

Also since starting I have added 2 more models that I need to build. The Cerastus Knight Lancer, and the Questoris Knight Styrix to further increase the firepower of this army.
Models Painted 2016: 12
Points Painted 2016: 1500
Last edited by Mars-Crusader on Sun May 22, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Munin » Sat May 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Ooooh, that red is so vibrant! Nicely done!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 pm

awesome kastellan robots!

hope work and all is going well!

Mars-Crusader
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Mars-Crusader » Mon May 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Thank you for the kind words everyone. For the red this time I started with the Dragon Red Primer from The Army Painter. Then I used the Carroburg Crimson shade>Evil Sunz Scarlet for the large panels>edge highlighting with with Wild Rider Red.

@Guildenstern- Work does go well. The butt kicker is now i'm on the overnight shift so my body is still out of whack adjusting to my new schedule. I did however get better days off, for however long those last before they decide I have gotten to much of a good thing.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue May 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Glad to hear about work, I know the pain of changing shifts ugh. Swing was as late as I could go and its messed me up for forever now lol I used to actually be a morning person.

RE: paint schemes, totally stealing that when I eventually get around to my mechancus stuff. It comes out beautifully when you do it!