Farseer Oz 2016 weeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Farseer Oz 2016 weeklypaint

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi guys
Sorry been missing for the last part of last year and a bit late to get things kicking this year.

Still got tons to paint so want to make sure this site tries to keep me motivated.

Want to get my Eldar army to 10k points full painted at least.

In the month of December and January I worked on my Swooping Hawk squad. Had these miniatures since like 1999 so thought I should get around to painting them, plus they are handy in this edition of the game.

Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Farseer Oz 2016 weeklypaint

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:43 am

Nice as always!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:52 am

I like those a lot! What are the big tiles on the bases made of? They look very realistic. As I think I can spot some airholes at the edges, I'd guess plaster?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm

They look fantastic! And I agree with Herr McAllister, the bases are amazing! :D
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:55 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:I like those a lot! What are the big tiles on the bases made of? They look very realistic. As I think I can spot some airholes at the edges, I'd guess plaster?
Thanks, bases are resin bases bought from Back 2 Base-ix http://www.back2base-ix.com/

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Love the blue.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:19 am

Man those look great! My only suggestion would be to find someplace to put the green on the base/lower on the model. I just find my eye stuck on the green part of the wings, and putting it on the base/lower would help draw the eye through the model.

Stupid Art school training...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

eGlegacy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by eGlegacy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:08 am

wow, very nice painting skills here.
Looking very good, but I would agree with Dez, the green really focuses my eyes.
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks guys. I will put some thought into the green distracting from the whole model, maybe turn the loincloths from white to green.

In the meantime I have been working on my Cobra Superheavy. I finally finished the underside which no one will ever see LOL. I'm a bit weird like that in that I paint everything. You can see the bolt that I have installed as well where the base screws into the model.

Now that the underside is done I will tape up the bottom to stop the white from getting dirty or the paint rubbed off and start work on the top of the tanks.

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Just finished the first highlight of green. Two more green highlights to go.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:56 pm

I love it, an Eldar ship that is actually seeing use instead of just off the showroom floor. Really, really like it.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Farseer Oz

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:12 am

Next layer of green added, not sure if you can tell hehe. Will do one more and then work on the other details, like vents, gems, pilots etc.