LordMcAllister's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: LordMcAllister's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:47 am

Thank you, Sperian, Viking and Wryce! I finished the first stormtrooper (except for the base). Might be adding some battle damage, once all of them are done.
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 am

Nice! he looks awesome!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:51 am

...now I want to paint Stormtroopers!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon May 02, 2016 1:24 am

Thanks Kroll & Guildenstern! :)
Dez wrote:...now I want to paint Stormtroopers!
That's exactly what Leland aka Aegis did to me! I'm glad I was able to transport this feeling over to you! ;) Grab yourself a copy of "Imperial Assault" and off you go! The game is absolutly worth it. ;)
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon May 02, 2016 9:19 am

I know it's a great game :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon May 09, 2016 3:57 pm

I finally finished my two PanO Fusiliers which have been sitting on my shelf mostly painted for quite some time!

And a group shot!
[+] Expand
Painted in 2018:

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Tue May 10, 2016 9:39 am

Really nicely done! Have you gotten in any games of Infinity yet?

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Thu May 12, 2016 7:46 am

nice work!

have to laugh though... how the guys are all tough macho and the female model's all like, "did I break a nail?" haha
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu May 12, 2016 8:20 am

Thanks for the nice comments! :)
Munin wrote:Have you gotten in any games of Infinity yet?
Well, not really. Except for the missions in the starter box. I played all of them with one of my brothers and a few of them with my girlfriend. But once my brother has a bit more of time at his hands for building his Ariadna Units, it'll only be a matter of time! ;) Do you get to play many matches?
Guildenstern wrote:have to laugh though... how the guys are all tough macho and the female model's all like, "did I break a nail?" haha
Yeah, I would have preferred a more ,,professional" look of the female mini as well.
Painted in 2018:

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Thu May 12, 2016 10:08 am

LordMcAllister wrote:Do you get to play many matches?
I wouldn't say we play a lot, but my regular gaming group has pretty much completely moved away from 40K now, so when we DO get together, it's usually to play Infinity. Lately we've been doing 20x20 missions for some extra variety, but now that ITS 2016 is out we'll probably do that. I'm certainly going to get in on one of the Infinity events at GenCon this year so we'll see how that goes.

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Thu May 12, 2016 11:10 am

Good looking troopers, and PanO!
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue May 17, 2016 2:01 am

Thanks Aegis and good luck on the GenCon, Munin!
Painted in 2018:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed May 18, 2016 1:54 am

No painting for me yesterday. Instead I cleaned three Imperial Assault Stormtroopers from moldlines, which is quite difficult, as you can't always tell what's a moldline and what's supposed to be there! :o I'll surely have shaved away some details which were meant to be there. But once they are all painted up, no one will really care (or notice)... at least that's what I hope for!
I also took care of the moldlines of the three probe droids that came with the box! That was even more difficult, as they have a lot of moldlines in places most difficult (or impossible) to reach. So I settled with taking care of those I can reach without ruining the models too much!
Hopefully I might be able to prime both of the sets tonight, but as I'm out for dinner (and beer) with friends of mine, I might have to do that tomorrow.
Painted in 2018: