Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Well, For whatever reason, motivation hasn't been high lately. I have a ton of projects on the go, but no desire to actually put paint to plastic, so I have tried to step back for a bit rather than force it.

Here is the result of a quick session, not too long ago, of some miniatures from the Temple of Elemental Evil set.

Fire Elemental

Fire Bats:

Just something simple to get back into the swing of things before hammering out the rest of the set.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:29 am

Glad to see you back! Nice work on the flames. I took a peek at some of the D&D and Pathfinder stuff that Wizkids has...but they aren't actual miniature games. My daughter and I are getting into Heroclix :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Sarkastik's #theweeklypaint

Post by Sarkastik » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Thanks! I have a Water, Earth and Air elemental left, but I havent decided how I'm going to paint those up..

I keep hearing about heroclix... how is it?

After watching the Deathwatch campaign, I now have a hankering to see if I can use it to get both of my Brother-in-laws into 40k. Rules seem easy enough, and squads are small enough to not be overwhelming.. I figure its a good starting space!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87