TheArmorOfContempts Weekly paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: TheArmorOfContempts Weekly paint

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:28 am

I used Eshin Grey, Dawnstone, Adiministratum Grey in that order. Honestly, I think only the last one is absolutely required, it really stands out.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:16 pm

SPACESHIP!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Pretty!!!!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:53 pm

Oh man, that glass canopy is done brilliantly 10/10. If I did marines I think I would steal this idea.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Another truck

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:41 am

It's really an amazing Razorback! Your painting is top notch!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:57 am

Thanks for the tips on the Land raider sponsons! Also, your painting has a speed and quality to it that puts mine to shame! Keep up the great work man!

Also, you should really go for the gladius strike force!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:41 pm

I went to the codex and looked at where they had the arrow portions and marked them accordingly which was with a small ruler. I then used some really thin tape I found at hobby lobby to tape it off best I could. I painted several layers of Celestra, Ulthuan, and White Scar because whites and greys suck butt. When you remove the tape a lot of the paint will still have smeared, but the lines are defined enough that you can easily touch it up with blue.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Also, used Dragonnof Nighdhade on the center line and bolts and then touched it back up with white scar.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:42 pm

Viking 21 wrote:That's awesome. Thanks for the rundown. I really like the idea of the window ideas. Where did you find the idea for trying that? Just a standard like black and white sketching and recreated it? Or did you find a technique somewhere like a tutorial to try out? Very simple looking but very effective I must say!
Pretty much everything I've been doing I got out of the Sons of Ultramar painting guide, which is a pretty good way to get my guys above a table top standard. I'm working on some additional methods to give my guys a bit more pop, but what you see here is done entirely via the methods they outline.

All Gems, Windows, Lenses involve painting them black then doing a single coat of your primary color over 2/3rds of it, in this case Mephiston Red, which I've done in the bottom left portion. Then 2nd layer of red but cover just the left side and bottom portion, then an orange(troll Slayer) in the same manner but covering even less, then finally a yellow along the most extreme edge. Then you do white in the opposing corner. You can see I used the same method on the Stormtalon using greys, this was suggested to me by a guy at the local gamestore and since I had been doing it on my rhinos it was a simple matter.

The same method is also shown as a way to do Space Marine helmet lenses, but they have an alt method of painting them white and then filling in the eye socket with an appropriate color glaze, which I find I like way more and is much easier.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:17 am

Nice, clean painting!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!