TheArmorOfContempts Weekly paint

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

TheArmorOfContempts Weekly paint

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Finished this guy today, can swap out for Redeemer guns.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: TheArmorOfContempts Weekly paint

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:05 am

ooh that's beautiful!! Love it!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:25 am

That looks amazing man! It puts my Land raiders to shame!

Quick question though, can you show us how you enabled the guns to be swapped out?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:43 am

It looks truly amazing!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Very nice. Straight off the factory floor.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:33 am

Crisp and clean! Great work!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:37 pm

First things first, someone wanted pictures of how I magnetized this guy. The plus side it is easy, the downside is you will need two sets of sponsons, so the Land Raider case is not going to come with everything you need, but you can go to bitz online and get what you need rather easily.

Notice the magnets in the doorways, they need to be painted over, or very well hidden thanks to the doors that will go over them. You don't even need them on both hatches, but depending on where you wish to position your weapons it won't hurt to use both. I used the 1/8 x 1/16 magnets.

Now you do the same thing with the weapon mounts, if you do two magnets you don't even need to be perfectly matched here. The magnets should provide JUST enough pull to keep the weapon mounts in place even if you turn the vehicle on its side, but come out really easily when you pull on them without moving the vehicle itself.

Keep in mind the backside of the mounts don't need to be painted or anything, hell you can maim the hell out of it with your drill, because no one should ever see that stuff anyway.

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:42 pm

New guys just finished.

Attempted to make the sergeant black, and failed...

The whole squad is magnetized, and I painted up the Heavy Bolter and Powerfist just in case, but I doubt I will be doing the boltguns and shotguns anytime this year...

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Love magnetising guides! awesome to know how to go about it

love your guys as well, they're so cleanly painted and the colours are very nice!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

TheArmorOfContempt
Silver Vault Member

Post by TheArmorOfContempt » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Chaplain Imperius suits up to join my new Assault Terminators for battle at the end of the month.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 pm

Viking 21 wrote:Looks fantastic. Love the gem highlights and the eyes. Very clean highlights edging the armour. What colour did you actually use for the armour edge highlights.
Viking 21 perfectly expressed what I think. I want to add that I'm extremely fond of the loincloth/parchment. It really looks great!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG