Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Thu May 12, 2016 7:43 am

Those are gorgeous =D
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am

You never dissapoint in delivering good work! I really envy the speed you have in painting vehicles!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu May 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the compliments all! They are very much appreciated! :D
Dez wrote:They look great, though I'd like to see more script. Word Bearers and their books and all :)
I'm thinking of adding some more script to the sides before entering the final pictures for this month's deathmatch. Might do the top on the one that is a bit light on scribbles and runes atm as well.

This week I've also been up to the following:
[+] Expand

Painting up 4 new spawn for my army, bringing me up to 5, although one needs a new base, as Spawn are on 50mm round bases these days! The Sorcerer only got a new base and some weathering on his feet and the lower part of his robe.

I was also hit by a sudden surge of inspiration after looking at this guy for 2 days and pretty much finished him today! His base is not ready yet, but I'm very happy with how he turned out. The lighting is not the best at the moment as it is a bit cloudy out today, which tends to simulate a somewhat evening very well. also the dark colours against a white back ground tends to hide the more subtle blends. He also still needs a Latros Sacrum transfer and maybe a bit of gloss on his axe, can't wait to field this guy!
A to do list as well, I like these, only for my chaos army atm:
[+] Expand
Salvage & heavy conversion:
- 1 Chaos Land Raider
- 15-20 Chaos space marines
- 3-4 havocs
- 5 Obliterators(4 rogue trader ones and one current metal one, almost ready for painting)
- Flightless Daemon Prince
- 10-15 cultists

New on sprue:
- Terminator Sorcerer with Axe(finally know what to do with this guy as 5 sorcerers is appearently not all the sorcerers you'll ever need)
- 10 possessed
- Chaos Vindicator
- Helldrake
- 15 Cultists

Primed and assembled:
- Metal Chaos dread.

All in all, roughly 2000 points of stuff. So currently I have about 7500 points of painted Chaos Space Marines, ~600 of which is black legion(5 sorcerers) and the rest is all Word Bearers. On the one hand I'm happy where I am at, on the other, I really want to add more forgeworld stuff!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu May 19, 2016 1:53 pm

The skin tone on the Spawn, love it! Really nice to see some of that ice and frost from the basing creeping onto your minis!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 am

Your Dark Techmarine does really look great! I really like this model and your painting gives it the credit it deserves!
Painted in 2018:
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri May 27, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks as always for the complements! I tried him out for the first time this wednesday, sadly he died to battle congregation cheese and I wasn't really able to make full use of his "Shatter Defenses" special rule.

I've been lazy uploading pics again, but this is what I got done the past week:
[+] Expand
I've been trying to get the last bits of terrain done I got last year, I still have a good 2 weeks until the tournament and I'm already working on another building. The last couple of days have been slow as I've been helping my wife's dad with chores and errands and stuff. I'm not sure if I'll get my huge ruin done in time, but these 'smaller' buildings tend to only take about a day of painting each, most of which is waiting for the washes to dry(takes forever!).
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri May 27, 2016 10:41 am

It looks good! I hear you on uploading pics...just seems like a chore now. I use OSX, and I can't just drag and drop stuff anymore and it's really frustrating.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Oohh those are neat!!

really like the bridge pieces especially

I really need to get moving on my terrain soon :(
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon May 30, 2016 4:34 am

Dez wrote:It looks good! I hear you on uploading pics...just seems like a chore now. I use OSX, and I can't just drag and drop stuff anymore and it's really frustrating.
I'm always uploading stuff to my PC first then uploading them to photobucket, it is not a super long process, but far from just dumping stuff in facebook or whatsapp chat. The worst part is hooking my phone up to the PC, it only takes 5 seconds, but still. It is like playing vidya games that need disks to play, or a TV without a remote!

And thanks Guildy! I wanted to make some platform like pieces as I had bits of movement tray and the stands from the skyshield landing pad left over.

Also if any of you guys or gals is ever thinking about making city fight terrain, make sure you have lots of platforms and preferrably modular bridge parts, it makes for easier storage and gameplay flows better.

Far be it from me to update without pics, I speed painted these guys over the weekend. The local game store owner got the Bespin Gambit expansion for Imperial Assault and I managed to grab these with before any of the other guys could claim painting rights! I was instructed to paint them in '15mins or less' per dude. I might not have fully managed that, but got pretty close:
[+] Expand
ISB Infiltrators
I unconsciously painted the one guy up to be Jack Bauer, when you think of it, these are special agents working to thwart terrorists!

Agent Blaise
I had a kid at my primary school named Blaise, I always thought it was a weird name.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon May 30, 2016 9:09 am

Nice!

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Mon May 30, 2016 10:46 am

Arnathos wrote:
Dez wrote:It looks good! I hear you on uploading pics...just seems like a chore now. I use OSX, and I can't just drag and drop stuff anymore and it's really frustrating.
I'm always uploading stuff to my PC first then uploading them to photobucket, it is not a super long process, but far from just dumping stuff in facebook or whatsapp chat. The worst part is hooking my phone up to the PC, it only takes 5 seconds, but still. It is like playing vidya games that need disks to play, or a TV without a remote!
I do the same thing and have no problem, whatsoever with it.

Of course, that could be because I'm one of them old folks (*shakes his cane at the screen*) that grew up with the computer and have no problem doing things the old fashioned way (in many instances, I prefer it). Besides, I do some basic picture editing on my computer to shrink size and sometimes crop (sometimes I crop on the phone. Either way), so that could also be why I see no problem with that step.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue May 31, 2016 8:16 am

Arnathos, you could also use the ,,photobucket"-app they are offering. It's free and makes uploading your pictures really easy! I use it for uploading my pictures myself.
Also, nice Stormtrooper guys! If you have anything left from the Imperial Assault base game to paint, I'd be glad to take you on next month!
Painted in 2018:

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue May 31, 2016 9:31 am

I had that Photobucket app too a while ago, I don't recall it working very well. Probably why I got rid of it. Also using Pinterest...but only one pic at a time is also a pain. I set up my phone to sync over wifi, so I don't have to worry about cables...I just hate having to browse and search for images. I'd much rather still be able to find the pics, and drop them into photobucket or whatever just to upload. Somehow there was a potential security breach, so Apple removed this (boo!) though I guess if it was for security...

I tried the Imgur app (interface was hoaky).