Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by Arnathos » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:59 am

Wow 2 updates this week, with pics and everything!
[+] Expand

Also included a size comparison for those of you who were wondering:
[+] Expand
Kind of dinky I guess, or not as big as you'd expect, especially not double the guns and 150% extra troop capacity bigger.
Overall I am happy with how the Spartan turned out, I feel it fits the rest of my force quite well and I can't wait to try it out!(although I'll have to!) I'm not sure what should be the next thing I'll paint up, I have a predator here, but I also have a primed Leman Russ ready for paint, so that will probably be next. Then there is a bunch of buildings also all ready to be painted, so its a bit of a toss up.

I've done my entry exam this week and I felt it went well, so I can now focus on my painting and another upcoming tournament that me and a friend are organizing. The last tournament we did, a small 1000 point one with weird scenarios(including a pretty accurate port of 'The Watchtower' into 40k! Which was not well received :mrgreen: ), this time we are toning stuff down a bit but people are already exited!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:49 am

Thanks man! I appreciate it! It is a simple but effective colour scheme.

Not really a huge update, but this morning I got the need to do some administration on my Chaos Space Marines. I was looking at my signature and was wondering if the 6000 points I claimed to own was still accurate, the 90% painted was not in any case.

Turns out with some of my recent purchases, I now own just over 9500 points of chaos space marines, with just over 70% painted. The army is starting to feel finished purchase wise, although I might be getting a slight forgeworld addiction!(A token Sicaran and Fire Raptor seem tempting!) But I still have roughly 2900 points to paint right now!

/update.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:21 pm

beautiful work on those machines so gorgeous :D
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:36 am

That's a nice looking tank! I also wish you all the best for your tournament! It surely is a lot of work to organise such an event!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:59 am

Thanks a lot gals and guys!

I finished up my Tank Commander today. Painting my IG almost feels like cheating because their colour scheme is so simplistic(pretty much basecoat+wash), especially compared to my chaos marines. I did paint most of the spare weapons of the previous 5 Leman russes as well!
[+] Expand
Now I'm off to assemble and magnetize some Chaos Predators for next month's Deathmatch, enjoy!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:51 am

Very nice!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sun May 01, 2016 11:40 am

I need some opinions, more spikes or leave it?
[+] Expand
I'm somewhat on the fence, I kind of feel like painting chaos symbols on and using transfers and such, especially because the spikes might get in the way of weapons moving. On the other hand they don't look too chaos-y yet and I have some 8 pointed star bits laying around.

I magnetized all the weapon options save for the combi-weapons. I didn't bother doing a possible Rhino set up, as I have 4 Rhino's already and I never seem to use more than 3 outside of apocalypse games. I did magnetize the Havoc Launchers because they are like an extra Heavy Bolter. The Warp-flame Gargoyles are there to make them look remotely chaos.

But yes, work with the flat surfaces or more spikes?
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun May 01, 2016 2:38 pm

Arnathos wrote:I need some opinions, more spikes or leave it?
The paint job may change it, but as is, it doesn't look very chaosy. The only way to tell that they are is the havoc launcher (which just looks like a fairly clean multi-barrel launcher) and the gargoyle barrels.

I'd say some extra decoration wouldn't hurt it at all. I can appreciate the spike rows atop the track guards are probably not a good idea because it will get in the way of the turret, but I'd recommend something.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Wed May 11, 2016 4:58 am

Hmm long time no update!

Finally got the preds done, I added a few more spikey bits, but not too much:
[+] Expand

All in all I'm quite happy how they turned out. I really need to try more freehand on my chaos vehicles.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed May 11, 2016 11:49 am

They look great, though I'd like to see more script. Word Bearers and their books and all :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed May 11, 2016 12:51 pm

It's been a while I checked your thread Arnathos, but good lord! I missed quite a lot of amazing models! It's always a treat for the eyes to look at your Word Bearers! Your Spartan is really impressive! I love your Predators too. With the freehand decorations, they look chaosy without being too similar to porcupines. This is what I will be trying to achieve with my Thousand Sons vehicles. I want them to be relatively clean, but highly decorated nevertheless. I love your Leman Russ too. Purple is a beautiful colour and you painted it a tone that I love very much.
Last edited by Kovlovsky on Thu May 19, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG