Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by Arnathos » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:30 am

Hey all! I finally decided to make the jump from WIP to weekly paint this year, I know it is already February, but I have been lazy uploading pictures anyway, so I have some January stuff to show anyway. The main reason for me switching is that my WIP thread has become somewhat of a mess since imageshack stopped their services january 1st this year. I still have all my pictures, but I just can't seem to find the energy to re-upload 500+ images. So a fresh start seems like a good idea!

Here is what I've been up to so far this year:

[+] Expand
First up, 1000 points of Dark Angels that are now 80% finished:

Interrogator Chaplain:

Deathwing Terminator Squad 1:

Ravenwing bike squad:

Scout Squad:
OMG ARNATHOS! YOU FIEND! DO THEY HAVE HELMETS!?

Yes, yes they do, because the scout heads are just too ugly to use, I like bare heads and try to use them often, but the ones in the scout kit are an abomination!

Deathwing Terminator squad 2:

I've also made some progress with scenery, although the 40k stuff was mostly last december:
[+] Expand
Empire Outhouse(simple yet effective):

A bunch of 40k terrain in various states of finishedness:
I'll update my WIP thread from time to time still, but this is what I have so far, enjoy!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

OverlordRick
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Arnathos #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by OverlordRick » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Dude, this stuff is great! Also I really like those heads on your scouts. What are they from? I totally don't want to steal that idea for scouts I might also own :mrgreen:

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 pm

OverlordRick wrote:Dude, this stuff is great! Also I really like those heads on your scouts. What are they from? I totally don't want to steal that idea for scouts I might also own :mrgreen:
They are from the Tempestus Scions. I find the idea absolutely fantastic! I really like your work on your Dark Angel's successor chapter (I don't remember the name). The painting is really crisp and detailled. I also love your outhouse.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Quality looking DA's. The helmeted scouts look great, I never understood why scouts don't wear helmets, surely you want to keep your aspiring warriors alive. Right......oh wait. Grim dark....

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:07 am

beautiful work! love all that terrain too!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:45 am

Thanks guys(and gals!)! I had hoped to update this more frequently, but with my brother visiting the last week I haven't had much time to paint. I did manage to finish up my tacticals though and I am happy with the result!
[+] Expand
I goofed with the sergeant though, as I painted him as a test model, the force org symbol on his right shoulder pad is white instead of red, but I don't feel like changing it, I guess it is nitpicking, but the perfectionist in me is bothered somewhat!

I also brought my army to the FLGS a couple of weeks back and broke my rule of not playing with unpainted models, the main reason for this one of the new guys in the club wanted to play a 1000 point game a bit earlier and it was an easy army to transport!
[+] Expand
The game was against his ultramarines which ended in a tie, a pretty brutal match! I also had another game that same day against ravenguard with their new formations, I ended up winning but all I had left by the end of it was my interrogator Chaplain with 1 wound remaining! :D

I'll probably go back to working on terrain, the tournament at the end of the month has had quite a few sign ups and I may have to borrow some of my own stuff for it. Might hit them with a couple of coats of matt varnish spray first though!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Your tactical squad is very impressive! Well done! The matches you played looked like extremely close ones. Close games are always the best games.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:21 am

Well done! I've also felt the lazy about uploading pictures too.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:42 am

Thanks guys! And yes updating is difficult. The last month or so we've had visitors staying with us almost non stop, then there was a tournament to organise and now I have to read for an entry exam this april.

I have been painting, mostly scenery though. I finished up my big landing pad building and I'm now trying to finish up 3 Aegis defense lines and all the weapon emplacements that come with it as well as those from the bastions I painted up last year.

Waiting for better weather and a space wolf grey kind of spray can to be in stock to prime the rest of my buildings as the currently green and dark grey is a bit too little variation for my taste.

I also bought a box of raptors. The main reason being that I need bits to fix up my brothers old stuff, the others being I wanted a Jump Pack for an old chaos lord and I decided to finally build the first 5 warp talons I have been meaning to build for over 2 years now. The Warp Talons will be mostly for display but should be a fun project between all the buildings.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Today I was supposed to do some painting on my 3 Aegis defense lines, instead I assembled 5 warp talons and a chaos biker lord.

Yep...
[+] Expand
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Aegis
Gold Vault Member

Post by Aegis » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:12 pm

It is always so easy to get distracted. So many unfinished projects, so little time.
Former MWG Leland, now just regular, old Leland. Now with more grump!

To see what I am working on, check out my Facebook page at its new address Aegisbrand Studios or just search for Leland Martel

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:38 am

Aegis wrote:It is always so easy to get distracted. So many unfinished projects, so little time.
I usually make quite a bit of progress, lately however, progress has been slow and yesterday I had a severe case of ADD!

Today I did some repairs on my chaos army, some of the models were pretty banged up from my rough way of transporting them and Battle foam seems more reasonable every day!

Here is a pic of my Land Raiders, freshly repaired and looking ready for a fight once more:
[+] Expand

You can also see the defense lines, warp talons and the biker lord in the background.

I still need to find something that replaces fairy power spray and repair my brother's chaos land raider. With a spartan on the way next month or so, I have stopped trying to pretend, I, Arnathos, am a Land Raider addict.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:09 am

Working on my Biker lord for this month's death match, managed to pretty much finish the head:
[+] Expand
I wanted to do something very subtle with the alignment and wanted a different head that can't be found on other models, so I took a space marine sergeant head and added a horn to it, as well as a mandible. Can you guys tell where his loyalties lie? Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh or Undivided? (this is a pretty hard chaos nerd question). Also I already cleaned it up a bit, the enlarged picture is really good for pointing out errors!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:48 am

Because Project ADD:
[+] Expand

I've had this guy for quite a while, painted him up long ago while on Ventrillo with Hound, this morning I decided I didn't like his loadout of Axe+ combi-bolter and replaced the combi-bolter with another axe. In game terms, he has the Axe of Blind fury and a power axe, for the +1 Attack.

The 2nd axe was made from a Chaos terminator axe and the Flail of the Unforgiven from the Deathwing terminator box.
Then I also finished up this months Deathmatch entry:
[+] Expand

I'm happy with my biker lord and can't wait to try him out, the details in his face don't really show on the pictures though and he did turn out to be quite red!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:10 am

Arnathos wrote:I wanted to do something very subtle with the alignment and wanted a different head that can't be found on other models, so I took a space marine sergeant head and added a horn to it, as well as a mandible. Can you guys tell where his loyalties lie?
If I had to guess, I'd say SKYNET! :D

I do like your Biker Lord! Nice effects on the claws and cool freehanding on the shoulderpad and the banner!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard