legacys #theweeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: legacys #theweeklypaint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:47 pm

he's looking great!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 am

Darn temptation to paint Nids again and then realize halfway through painting them I hate painting them...looking good!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

eGlegacy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by eGlegacy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 am

Dez wrote:Darn temptation to paint Nids again and then realize halfway through painting them I hate painting them...looking good!
This is exactly how I'm feeling :D
It's so nice to paint Tyranids, because it's something new rather then painting armour again and again in different colors.
On the other hand it's extremely frustrating because there are all these little spikes and eyes and fleshy things.. :D

Okay, but now I have finished my first ravener. (except for the base, because I'm not quite sure here wich way to go).
I'm not very happy about everything. I think I could have done much better, but I have to say to myself It's the first miniature after a year or so and it was just to get back into painting. Now I really want to paint Tau.

Ok, so here we go- finished Ravener:
[+] Expand
Again, I'm very sorry for the quality of the pictures.. I need a better setup here..

Greetings
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Looking good, just paint that base rim :)

eGlegacy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by eGlegacy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:13 am

Viking 21 wrote:Looking good. How many other tyranid models do you have to paint?
Hey Viking 21,

thank you very much! I do not paint Tyranids as an army, so it's relative how much I have to paint ;)
But I started this hobby with Tyranids, like you. So I have enough models to paint.

Your suggestion is very much appreciated- I will try this on the next Tyranid I'll paint.
In fact I wanted to do something very similar- but honestly I wanted to finish the ravener so that I could start painting my Tau.

@Dez:
Don't panic, the rim will be painted when I#m sure how I will paint the base itself =)

Greetings
Time is a valuable thing

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:42 am

Nice work on the Nids! Would you mind telling me how you painted the talons of the ravenor? I'm planning on doing something similar on the horns of a chaos marine helmet.
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

eGlegacy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by eGlegacy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey guys!

I'm sorry, it have been quite busy weeks so there wasn't much time to do some painting.

But at least I got time to build some of the Tau. I also ordered some BITs, so I can build a fourth crisis suite, 4 pathfinders and 12 Strikers / 12 Breachers out of one Box + some BITs.

@McAllister:

Thank you very much =)
My technique is pretty much forward-

I started coating the talons in a mix of a light brown and darker one. Did 2-3 thin coats, then I shaded the whole talons down with agrax earthshade. Added a little bonewhite to the mix, repeated the steps and again and again. How much shading you really need depends on how big the part is, that you want to paint. On the small claws I only did this 2 times, on the big ones I did this about 5 times..

Hope this helps =)

Greetings
Time is a valuable thing

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 am

Thank you for the reply! :)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

eGlegacy
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by eGlegacy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:49 am

'Moin moin' guys,

So I don't have much time at the moment- doing some renovation-work and having a lot of stress at work.

But I managed to get something small done..
A repaint of a Tie-Fighter for the X-Wing Tabletop.
The left one is the original, as it comes out of the box, the right one is my repaint. Could be a little bit cleaner, but I think it works very well.

[+] Expand
Original:

Repaint:
Also the weather here is quite good at the moment, so I try to spend all my free time on this baby here ;)

Greetings from Germany
Time is a valuable thing

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 am

Nice repaint, I just painted Poe for a friend I'll have to take pics and post.