Raiders weeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Raiders weeklypaint 2016

Post by Nappen » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:41 am

Sorry about the tourney, but don't stop trying. Anyway, we are always happy to put in our two cents...which is about what it is worth... :D

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:23 am

Hey strangers,

Firstly I want to apologise for being AWOL for the last few months, truthfully I seem to have lost all motivation to paint lately. I've been thinking about starting a new army and In complete reflection to my space wolves I was thinking of starting a chaos SM army that are followers of tzeentch, but struggling on a colour scheme.......any ideas?

But that being said maybe its just painting power armour that I'm getting sick of, maybe in dire need of a change....

here's a couple of things I've been thinking of....starting an Ork army or Tyranid army (the sheer volume of models puts me off) or maybe starting a AoS army

thoughts please. need help

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:28 am

Hey Raider, welcome back prodigal painter! We all take a break from time to time, no worries!

I'm personally on a Fantasy tear right now, and with The Silver Tower and the new Generals Handbook coming out...I recommend an Age of Sigmar army. Have you seen the new Ironjawz? They are AMAZING!!!!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:32 am

Dez wrote:Hey Raider, welcome back prodigal painter! We all take a break from time to time, no worries!

I'm personally on a Fantasy tear right now, and with The Silver Tower and the new Generals Handbook coming out...I recommend an Age of Sigmar army. Have you seen the new Ironjawz? They are AMAZING!!!!
They do look amazing, and the models for Silver Tower look equally as good.....I got some serious magpie syndrome when I saw them, so am thinking about picking that up.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:44 am

It's a great game, we played it last week and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it. You can also play it solo if you so wish, and almost all of the mordern plastic GW HQ can be used in it.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:49 am

There is also a rumour of a summer campaign for Age of Sigmar coming up soon. Having a Sigmar army (and friends to play with) may combine well with that campaign to give you lots of motivation.

Right now, I'm in a grumpy funk when it comes to painting (combined with friends playing Overwatch pretty heavily), so I know the feeling about not being motivated to paint. But I've just started a Sigmar army (You can see some in my own weekly paint thread) and I'm jonesing for that General's Handbook and the rumoured Alarielle model.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:55 am

What he said!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:23 pm

second (third?) the Silver Tower thing - our Local GW is doing a kind of escalation thing I guess coming up soon. Anyway, I've seen people posting pictures of the sculpts and they are amazing! reports are they go together well as well.

And welcome back =D
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:51 pm

I only had a bit of trouble with one of the Tzangors (with shield) but really it was beautiful and easy to put together.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:24 am

Welcome back Raider! Normally I'd say paint whatever you'd like to play and paint... but not in this case!
Raider32 wrote:[...] I've been thinking about starting a new army and In complete reflection to my space wolves I was thinking of starting a chaos SM army that are followers of tzeentch [...]
Exchanging SW for Tzeentch Marines? HERESY!

No, really, paint whatever you feel like! Have fun doing so and show us your progress! :)
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:34 am

LordMcAllister wrote:Welcome back Raider! Normally I'd say paint whatever you'd like to play and paint... but not in this case!
Raider32 wrote:[...] I've been thinking about starting a new army and In complete reflection to my space wolves I was thinking of starting a chaos SM army that are followers of tzeentch [...]
Exchanging SW for Tzeentch Marines? HERESY!

No, really, paint whatever you feel like! Have fun doing so and show us your progress! :)
Hahahaha it is Heresy indeed, lately the dark gods seem to be calling out to me. I've just finished reading A Thousand Sons and actually find the rivalry between the 2 quite fascinating

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:50 am

I built and painted a Thousand Sons Pre-Heresy army right after reading that! It was before we had Betrayal at Calth...or even Forge World PH! I was pretty dedicated though, took forever to find all the correct armor :) I've been thinking of rebooting it with all the cool new stuff coming out!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Yeah, apparently, the next HH book is about the Burning of Prospero. I can't wait to see Magnus and Ahriman rules. My prediction is that Magnus will be a Mastery Level 6 psyker and Ahriman will be 3. Magnus is the second more powerful psyker of the galaxy after the Emperor, so it looks propa that he's head and shoulders above everyone and Ahriman became stronger after the Heresy, so it would make sense. I still don't think the new book will make me switch from the 30k Alpha Legion to the 30k Thousand Sons, but who knows. I'm not that attracted by their pre-Heresy colour scheme and I would feel weird without my rubric marines.

Anyway, if you're searching for a Tzeentch warband colour scheme for your Chaos Marines, you have a few possibilities. The most evident is using the post-Heresy Thousand Sons one with dark blue and gold (with some yellow details) as these are the Tzeentch colours, but you can also play with it by using a pale blue or switching gold for silver (Ahriman is often drawn with a blue and silver armor). The second possibility is using the pre-Heresy TS scheme of red and silver. At least one post Heresy TS warband used it and is portrayed in the first book of the Ahriman trilogy, Ahriman: Exile. I highly recommand this book BTW. It's the best portrayal of Chaos I've read since a long time.

The third possibility is using the colours of a Tzeentch renegade marines warband that isn't directly linked to the Thousand Sons. One of the best known isThe Scourged. Their backstory is pretty cool. They used to be a chapter close to the Inquisition and they were starting to be distraught by the excessive orders of murdering innocents from their patrons. The chapter master preyed each night for having the ability of knowing when someone was lying so that he would kill only the guilty. One day, Tzeentch answered. He and his chapter started hearing all the lies of the galaxy in their mind non stop. They quickly became mad and became renegade, pledging their loyalty to the Architect of Fate. Their scheme is dark red and gold: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Scourged. You also have the Oracles of Change that have a similar colour scheme: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Oracles_of_Change. You might create your own too if you prefer.

The fourth possibility is the Sons of the Cyclops which are a Black Legion warband that is made from former Thousand Sons who declared their allegiance to Abaddon. They are black blue and gold: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_the_Cyclops . They have a lot more political power inside the Black Legion than their number suggest since two of the Abaddon's champions are among the leaders of the warband: Zaraphiston and Ygethmor.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:05 am

Well I have an idea for my own homemade warband - this is just an idea which I'm completely open to suggestions btw, but I was thinking of a space marine chapter that in a similar fashion to The Scourged were commissioned by the inquisition to be the Law in a particularly lawless area of the galaxy. They took there mission very serious, but struggled with the sheer volume of crime in the area this would be the chapters downfall......

wishing they were able to see everything that was happening around them, in a cruel twist of fate Tzeentch answered via flesh change...there bodies & armour would change becoming an armoured shell with no face (the law has no face) and a thousand eyes staring out from the armour.......

The change had such a mental drain on them that it warped there sense of the law, believing that to eliminate crime they had to outlaw the only thing that could prevent crime......Life. (this bit sounds more khorne like now that I think of it)

anyway like I said, I'm open to ideas

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Finally found the motivation to paint. I bought the age of sigma box.....not too bothered about the sigmarines, but really wanted to paint the khorne stuff.....

I decided to go for a bone armoured scheme with red cloth. Here's a pic......it is unfinished but already enjoying it.....stay tuned for finished result