Raiders weeklypaint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Raiders weeklypaint 2016

Post by Raider32 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Evening lovely people

So it's a new year so I had best start a new topic, this year I intend to post a least once a week and I'm sorry for neglecting you all

That being said, let's kick start the new year with my first ever conversion. I was a bit worried about it going awfully bad, but I managed to make my very own wolf priest..... see below

The painting is no where near finished (black armour is hard) but it's getting there. What do you guys think?

Side note, this year I'm going to start playing games as well as painting and also I'm going to start my very own chaos warband something I've been meaning to do for some time.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Raiders weeklypaint 2016

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Looks great so far! Black is always hard. In the past depending what its for I have added either blue or grey to the paint.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 am

I like it. Really like the knee pad, nice touch.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:22 am

Your Wolf Priest does look pretty cool! I have to convert one for myself to add him to my blood claws... but before that I'll have to finish my unit of blood claws! :o
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:21 am

Thanks all, finding the right parts was the painful part. I will update you as soon as I get it finished for your perusal :)

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Definitely cool, like the little wolf tails and the knee pad as nappen mentioned too!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:06 pm

So here it is all finished, needs a few minor touches here and there but overall quite happy with the result

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:10 am

Nice. I like the claw symbol on his kneepad.

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:26 am

He looks very cool! You used these new bits from the Space-Wolves-Bits-Blister-Thingy, right? At least the helmet and the backpack... anything else you used except for the grey hunter / blood claw parts? I also used the wolf helmet (but the standard one from the grey hunter box) to build a wolfpriest. I think they befit them very well! :)

Oh and if you should be interested in adding more fur to your minis, then here is a very neat tutorial to sculpt it out of greenstuff!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 pm

LordMcAllister wrote:He looks very cool! You used these new bits from the Space-Wolves-Bits-Blister-Thingy, right? At least the helmet and the backpack... anything else you used except for the grey hunter / blood claw parts? I also used the wolf helmet (but the standard one from the grey hunter box) to build a wolfpriest. I think they befit them very well! :)

Oh and if you should be interested in adding more fur to your minis, then here is a very neat tutorial to sculpt it out of greenstuff!
Yeah the legs are from the space marine commander box, I chopped up the top of the standard and a spare power axe I had to create the crozius. Then it was a matter of finding some arms that I was happy with cut at the wrists to put in pose that I wanted.

The backpack, back plate, shoulder guards, and helmet are all from the sw upgrade pack

Anything else is standard spare sw gear from the bitz box

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:36 am

So no updates for you this week, however I have decided to enter my first painting competition. I don't expect to do well because we have a local golden demon winner entering, but I'm interested to see where I will place and any feedback I may get.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 am

The feedback means everything, glad you are taking the jump!

Great conversion, and nice job on the freehand!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Raider32
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Raider32 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:16 am

Unfortunately I did not win the painting tournament, I didn't even get any feedback. I think I'll just stick to challenges etc with you guys, least with you guys I feel like the votes are honest votes and not a popularity contest as this seemed to be.......but hey maybe I'm just a bit bitter.

Anyway I couldn't resist but buy the new ulrik model which I can't wait to paint tbh, I think it's a really good cast. Also planning to get some wulfen in the near future too

so watch this space

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:35 am

:( I'm sorry your contest left a bad taste in your mouth.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)