Dez Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Dez » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:18 am

Nothing like getting back from a week off of being the only one who does your job, yikes!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Ugh, usually takes two weeks or more to get everything back in order! Good luck!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:00 am

I hear you on that one.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:27 am

I know there was a post somewhere about transferring gw paints to droppers, any idea where that went?

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:47 am

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Epic Duck Mike also did a redo of the video. All my bottles (300!) are ordered, and my new Hobby Zone paint stands came in. Hilariously they sent the GW size ones by mistake :)

So went to the doctor yesterday like a good old guy. On antibiotics, fighting fever...yet still have the compulsion to build and paint! I'll get Deathmatch up as soon as my head is clear.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:33 pm

getting ready to order 6mm stainless steel ball bearings. last time I somehow managed to get 3/32 which are too small...and I seem to have lost them...

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Yup 6mm is the way to go.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:17 am

ordered 50 from amazon this morning. I went with stainless steel. Wonder if it matters steel vs stainless.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:21 am

Nappen wrote:ordered 50 from amazon this morning. I went with stainless steel. Wonder if it matters steel vs stainless.
As fast as we tend to go through paint maybe it won't even have time to rust. Plus, you need air to rust... so possibly, it wouldn't matter. Still, probably better safe than sorry!

Also, Dez - hope you're getting better!!

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:05 am

Finally starting to feel a bit better today. Came home last night after a family event (we got rained on hard!) to find a tree had taken our cable line out. Comcast say they can't come until Wednesday!! I'm pretty upset because I work from home and have the maximum package they offer. Would you let one of your best paying customers in an age where people are cutting their bills and dropping cable completely wait that long when their livelihood depends on it? Sorry needed to rant somewhere.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Dez wrote:Finally starting to feel a bit better today. Came home last night after a family event (we got rained on hard!) to find a tree had taken our cable line out. Comcast say they can't come until Wednesday!! I'm pretty upset because I work from home and have the maximum package they offer. Would you let one of your best paying customers in an age where people are cutting their bills and dropping cable completely wait that long when their livelihood depends on it? Sorry needed to rant somewhere.
Glad you're feeling better! sucks about the tree, big time though. I've always heard horribly things about Comcast tbh but needs must and all that. Here's really really hoping they figure it the f* out and get to you well before Wednesday. I agree with Dheiti! Maybe even call and talk to a manager. What stinkers >:(

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:29 pm

They refused to transfer me to a higher up!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Do like I did with Dell a couple of weeks ago. Lay the email carpet bomb on the whole board of directors. I was contacted within about 6 hours.