Dez Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Dez Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:35 am

I don't have anything to show yet :) My airbrush broke and I need to send it out for fixing. I have built a ton of Dark Age stuff I'm in the middle of painting.

I'm getting amped up to build and paint and PLAY some Orks, though!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Dez Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:26 pm

<cough> did you get rid of your brushes? <cough>

lol j/k hope your airbrush gets fixed soon! <3
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:01 am

yeah...pretty pics.

I need to play more this year!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Just got back from vaca in the Eastern Caribbean. I'm going to work on some Skaven this week for an AoS event at the LGS.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Good luck! May the painting god of Deadlines be ever in your favour
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:33 am

Yippiee more rat men. I still need to do my abomination. Then I will call skaven done.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:31 am

Man is my update sad. I managed to open a blister for Spinetail...

The good news is, the weather is nice! I don't have to use my MIA airbrush to prime, I can do it with a rattle can.

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Dez wrote:Man is my update sad. I managed to open a blister for Spinetail...

The good news is, the weather is nice! I don't have to use my MIA airbrush to prime, I can do it with a rattle can.
Ugh. I wish. We got 8 inches of snow last night.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:08 pm

I am told it is snowing back home for me too....so sad to be stuck in sunny California for a couple of days...

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:42 am

MY AIRBRUSH IS BACK!!!

Of course it's warming up outside, but at least I'll be able to finish up my Dark Age stuff I'm working on.

Attended an Age of Sigmar event at my LGS on Saturday, there were 8 people there which is waaaay more than I expected. The game is still a complete mess, and the first 2 scenarios pretty much decided the winner on the dice roll for who was attacker and defender. I lost the second round without even taking a turn, which is unacceptable to me. The final table was an all character dwarf army vs an Ogre army that was mopping people up without trying...and only had 13 models. Completely ridiculous balance, though it could be a really fun game. It's a shame.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:49 am

Back to 40K...go back to 40K

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:07 am

We seem to be playing lots of X-Wing and Malifaux...40K is just drying up around here sadly. I am excited that the LGS is going to be doing Bolt Action soon.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:26 am

grats on your airbrush btw :D

sucks about AoS :( people in my neck of the woods don't seem to even be giving it a go so no fantasy except at home for me anyway. 40k is actually getting a little stronger tho it seems, and some are even starting into 30k (from what I've seen). We also have a malifaux group going to be starting this month!I'm excited :D now if I can just find my book :P

err sorry for rambling in your thread lol how are you liking X-wing?
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:38 am

I've always liked X-Wing, it's a great game to get anyone to play (who doesn't like Star Wars?). It's really easy to pick up, people normally have it down after the first turn. It has TONS of strategical depth and tactics to it. Plus, you can pick up stuff at your local Barnes & Noble which is great when you are out shopping. "I'm sorry honey, the girls were BEGGING me to pick up IG-88. He's their favorite intergalactic psychotic robotic bounty hunter."

So happy you have a Malifaux league starting, have fun! Bring Lenny to every game.

So the main reason I haven't been uploading pics...Imgur and Photobucket combined with Mac have made it a real chore. Now my phone is crashing when I take pics..then they don't show on import. Finally make the effort, and I get kicked in the junk.

Here is a picture of the Orks I've been working on:

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:45 am

Dez wrote:Here is a picture of the Orks I've been working on:
Was ist a pun, as you were not working on orks at all, or did you forget to post the picture? :D
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard