Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:10 am

Was working all week, so did not internet to speak of, but am back for at least a few days.

My son gets home in a couple of hours and I am staring at 73 partially painted fire warriors. I am going to try my hardest to get them done this week, but do not have high hopes...

And yes...I ordered the blood bowl referees from forgeworld...oh, and a tantalus :)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:09 am

So with my son coming in, I set up the army for him to look at, and decided to do an army pic :)

Everything behind the vehicles are left to be painted and the bin is full of drones...

ImageImageImageImage

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:03 am

Mork I love to see huge armies in one picture
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:12 am

Am soooo looking forward to finishing this army....not looking forward to the kroot though :(

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Nappen wrote:Am soooo looking forward to finishing this army....not looking forward to the kroot though :(

I hear you! I feel like that with Skellies/Ghouls

Love the army shot! Is awesome to see them all lined up :D

Before the new year (or at the new year?) we should try to line up all our armies and post pics in our threads!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:10 pm

General-Kroll wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:
Nappen wrote:Am soooo looking forward to finishing this army....not looking forward to the kroot though :(

I hear you! I feel like that with Skellies/Ghouls

Love the army shot! Is awesome to see them all lined up :D

Before the new year (or at the new year?) we should try to line up all our armies and post pics in our threads!
I'm up for that. We could make a special thread for it even?
Yeah! I think we should =D It could be MWG Forums Armies on Parade =D lol

sorry to derail your weekly paint thread Nappen!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:07 am

I don't mind the derail. Anyway, that is not a bad Idea...I think we derailed someone else's thread recently with the same thought.

Other thing we could do is show the army and what is left to do, then later do before and after. Like my big pile of elder, admech, orks etc.

As for painting, I got the neck cloths done, then the bottom rail on the backpacks. Started on the guns, did the two barrels, then after 73 of anything, I just got distracted. I may have to put them in smaller batches of like 20 or so, but I did get the complete black on the guns of about half of them.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:07 am

Not much to report. Some more black bits on weapons and antenna. Slow but forward progress.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:18 am

Hunkered down last night and got the last of the back done on the fire warriors. That will probably be all until new years. Going to take a little vacation.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 pm

Last night, all I did was add the black back to the base edges and the gold to the gun emblems. Baby steps, but starting to see them more than little white evil bits of plastic. :D

Yes, I turned an old cutting mat into a portable paint table...ie I stick it on an the foot rest, keep the working project and tools in a bin by my chair...I like to watch TV with the family while I paint :)

My tantalus, blood bowl referees and a couple of books just shipped from forgeworld :)...they should be waiting for me when I get back from vacation.

Probably won't be around much the next couple of weeks, so Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and I will check in before the New Year.

ImageImage

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:47 am

That's awesome Nappen :D love how they're coming!

if we don't see you, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays =D