Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Nappen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:19 am

Finished the base for the fighter last night and got the black on one leg of broadside. I just wasn't motivated. Maybe tonight :)

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:08 am

Finished the flying base for the fighter and still going on black bits for the broadsides. Man, there are a lot of bits with these things...

Hope to get them done this weekend, but do not expect it. My wife will be travelling on a girls weekend, then I will be out of the net for a few days. Been very busy.

ImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:29 am

Yeah, double edged sword finishing these for my son. They just kill DE.

Got some more done on the broadsides last night. Wife is out of town and my daughter and I watched TV until late. Hard going back and forth, so slows it down a bit, but was fun anyway.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:57 am

So...I couldn't help it, I ordered Blood Bowl from GW because I wanted the web freebie...

I was up late last night, first watching TV with my daughter, then a movie, but finished the broadsides. Based and now packed in foam with the rest of their completed buddies. I then started the six new sculpt crisis suits. I am not looking forward to all the weapons...why did I magnetize them all? vid link below to a youtube of the broadsides and fighter.

I also got all the washes done on the Venice board. That leaves only the water effects to go. It has been a long time working on that one. After the move, it took a long time to get started on it again, but hopefully by Christmas I will have them done too.

ImageImageImage

A four minute video of the fighter and the broadsides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KQhVy ... e=youtu.be

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:33 am

Should be home soon. Long week on the road, but in the airport waiting on the last leg. Hope to get the crisis suits done this weekend.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:09 am

Got home, worked on the six crisis suits of the new style for my son's tau. If I can finish these up this weekend, I will start working on the troops. Not sure how much I can get done before Thanksgiving though.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:41 am

Really like those Crisis suits!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Hope to finish them tonight. Am starting the 11 pathfinders I had laying around, as well.

Still a long way to go on my son's army...

After that, I will get to finish my Venice board. Just the water effect left on that one.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 am

Wife was watching a show I had no interest in on Netflix, so I got a lot done, sitting in the living room and painting away and listening to her and the show. Actually finished the crisis suits and got a bit done on the 11 pathfinders. I was going to start on the troops, but these already had a white basecoat, so decided to get them done first. Probably won't get the white layed down before thanksgiving.

I thought about laying grey first and then doing the white, but it is just harder to get white to look good with a brush, it just looks so much smoother with the airbrush, so will keep doing a full white airbrush and then putting everything over that, even though it is a bit harder.

For the crisis suits, they are magnetized, so I just stuck some random weapons and shields on. Everything can come off, so my son won't have to have the missile launchers on the shoulder if he doesn't want to etc.

ImageImageImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:29 am

Got a good bit on the pathfinders done. Started basing and realized I forgot one of the colors on the guns. Ah well, will finish that tonight and finish the basing :) Then I have only the ethereals to use as a excuse not to start on the 50+ warriors...

These were older metal models, and I was surprised at how little detail there was on them. Other than highlighting pants folds, there just wasn't a lot there.

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:39 am

Superb work as always mate!

This winter themed Taus just makes me want to start Tau army :lol:. Keep up the good work !
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks, hope to finish them tonight :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 am

Thought I was finished until I looked at the pic. I forgot to re-black the base...

Last night I added the black in the facepeices, some grey to the guns, a little touch up here and there and finished the basing. Guess I will do the black to the bases tonight when I get home from work. Then I will take a break for thanksgiving.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:34 am

Got the black on the bases and then packed up the pathfinders. I started on two female Tau I picked up somewhere, but only got the skin and hooves done. Then put everything away for thanksgiving. Plan on doing a bit of travelling for the holiday.

I will try to take some good pics of all the Tau I have done recently around Christmas time. Probably won't have a chance until then. When I get back from Thanksgiving travel, I will likely start the fire warriors. I think there are 80 (more than 50 for sure). Then it will only leave the ethereals, snipers, drones, kroon and kroot hounds to go :)