Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 am

Man I wish I was getting through Playboy's army as fast as you're doing your son's!

Looking awesome!!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:47 pm

Speed demon!

Blood Bowl is a great game, I asked for it for my Birthday/Christmas.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Just got the shipping notification for blood bowl. Excited, but will want a DE team!

On vacation with the family this weekend, so no painting. But brought the second Gaunt's Ghosts compendium. Finished honor guard on the plane. The first four books have been very good.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:00 am

yay blood bowl! I only got the Skaven as they just got put back on the preorder list. Our FLGS isn't doing as much with warhammer as it once did so they only get in stuff now pretty much as special orders.

Glad to know the books are good! I need to pick up some more stuff to read soon. Just finished Lords of Mars etc oh man those are good - love Graham McNeill's writing!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

got home this morning and prepping for a work trip, but managed to pull out the air brush and get the white base on about 50 fire warriors. I threw some in my suitcase along with some grey paint. Hope to get the grey cloth done sitting in the hotel room watching movies or basketball :)

Oh, and I finally ordered the frostgrave book. It was like, 16 bucks on amazon...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Oh, and I primed the heroes from Galaxy Defenders last night. No idea why, I guess I will paint them. I don't plan on painting the aliens. I guess I could but...why...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Grey down on the first 24 warriors. Always fun to do it in the hotel room. Coffee lid for the paint. Oh, hotel soap does work to clean brushes.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:22 am

Now that's some serious dedication there ^^

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:15 am

Easy to stay out of trouble if you spend your night with the TV painting :)

Got another 15 done last night. Hope to get the last 9 I brought with me done tonight, but probably won't. Tired of subway in the room...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Finished the grey on the rest of the firewarriors. That is 48. Now to do the rest of the painting and then the rest of the Warriors I left at home. I only brought grey with me so any more will have to wait :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:23 pm

Sitting in the airport. Should be home tomorrow afternoon. Maybe some painting Sunday, or maybe just sleep.

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 am

Safe fight to home mate !
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks, home safe but way too tired to paint :)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Glad you got home ok :)
those tau look awesome as always!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks, tonight I just did the grey on the last 25 fire warriors. I will start the black bits next. Only 73 of them... :)

Was hoping to get the whole army done by Christmas, but not gonna happen. Hopefully the fire warriors will get done. I think that will only leave ethereals, snipers and the forgeworld flyer...then I will figure out the drones. Oh, and the kroot...there are like 80 of them. Not sure I can face them right away.