Nappen's Weekly Paint 2016

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Nappen's Weekly Paint 2015

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:25 am

Calling the monoliths done and moving on to basing a couple hundred Necrons. It was interesting turning all the green rods and crystals orange :)

ImageImageImageImage

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:38 am

First 86 bases painted brown. They were lots of different colors...now they are not :)

Oh, and will digging through my bits looking for bits for the bases, I found a pile of Lizardmen cold one rider bodies...yes, the ones I just ordered on ebay :evil:

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Nappen wrote:First 86 bases painted brown. They were lots of different colors...now they are not :)

Oh, and will digging through my bits looking for bits for the bases, I found a pile of Lizardmen cold one rider bodies...yes, the ones I just ordered on ebay :evil:
Doh!

hey maybe they can ride double on a couple models? just for looks?

I'm wishing I'd finished my son's bases before we started playing with the models :( it's really hard to keep them upright without weight in the bottom. I'm going to start looking for washers I think, if I can find something that's heavy enough. otherwise I'll glue/sand em.

Anyway, love those monoliths!! some how they remind me of Stargate! Which I love.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Your monoliths are fantastic! They are very beautiful.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:25 am

Thanks.

Started the massive basing task while watching return of the Jedi...we have the original video tape release so no CGI nonsense changing the story...yes New Years Eve we saw Han shoot first.

Anyway, 84 warriors went first. pic of 64 of them drying. Then on to more brown bases. HQs, Immortals, flayed ones and scarabs. Happily the C'tan already had a brown base :)

Then, was trolling thinyverse and came across the cork buddies and couldn't resist. had to find something to do with the pink filament that came with the thing.

ImageImageImage

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:09 am

Those Necrons are looking great man, I really love the way those monoliths turned out!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:26 am

Thanks,

the first step in the basing is easy, but tedious...lots of brown on the bases...just did another overlord and 10 lynchguard. Deathguard and wraiths are next...then I think that is it. Everything else is on a clear flying base, and not going to base those for this army.

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Yeah, the CGI that was added in the original trilogy is trully terrible. It aged a lot worse than the original special effects. And doing these warriors looks like an herculean task!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:04 am

Got the basing material on them last night while watching TV with the family. Digging around I found "battlefield rocks, GF9 medium basing material and Army Painter brown battlefield ash. I also found a big bag of bits that I think are from zombies and vampires of some variety...maybe fantasy, maybe mantic. I cut out the skulls and bones that were being held in hands and such and made bone piles every few warriors for some variety. Once I am done, will do a full army pic.

Also got the first coat of silver on a bunch of Convergence models. I am really torn about the huge pile of war machine I have. I like building and painting, and the game is okay, but never really play much and could probable get a lot of trade value out of it. I have a fully painted Khador army, and a ton of cryxx, convergence and retribution. Traded off all the menoth in a huff, and can't say I have regretted it. Had plans to paint these up, but that was before I ended up with massive 40K armies and a big pile of malifaux.

Oh, and my box of zombicide-black plague came. Need to open that up and make sure it is all there :)

Now, need to go down and set up for my son and I's game tonight. 1200 points of Tau vs Dark Eldar. He is gonna kill me...

ImageImage

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 am

got the board set up for the first game of 2016 for my son and I. 1200 points tau v DE...or otherwise known as Kick Dad's Butt...

We are going with a snow field for winter. I have not started building/repairing his tau yet, so he is using a malwok as a proxy for the riptide that is still in the box. It is his first game with the new tau codex. Of course he only played a few with the old one... but has a strike team, a breecher team, commander farsight and three bodyguards, two broadsides, a hammerhead and a riptide. All with associated marker, gun and missile drones of course.

I have an archon with a court of 3 Sslyth and a medusa (forgot I only had two sslyth so a grot is in its place). The archon took a venom as did the court. Two squads of warriors with a splinter cannon in raiders with splinter racks, two ravagers with Dissie cannons, two venoms as fast attack options and a razorwing jetfighter. To get the last 45 points, I put night shields on the jet and the ravagers.

We are going to use the winter rules posted somewhere on the site to add some random blizzard effects :)-----EDIT---- forgot, I had the adepticon 2013 blizzard scenario rules. Think we will use that.

ImageImage

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:12 am

Nappen wrote:got the board set up for the first game of 2016 for my son and I. 1200 points tau v DE...or otherwise known as Kick Dad's Butt...

We are going with a snow field for winter. I have not started building/repairing his tau yet, so he is using a malwok as a proxy for the riptide that is still in the box. It is his first game with the new tau codex. Of course he only played a few with the old one... but has a strike team, a breecher team, commander farsight and three bodyguards, two broadsides, a hammerhead and a riptide. All with associated marker, gun and missile drones of course.

I have an archon with a court of 3 Sslyth and a medusa (forgot I only had two sslyth so a grot is in its place). The archon took a venom as did the court. Two squads of warriors with a splinter cannon in raiders with splinter racks, two ravagers with Dissie cannons, two venoms as fast attack options and a razorwing jetfighter. To get the last 45 points, I put night shields on the jet and the ravagers.

We are going to use the winter rules posted somewhere on the site to add some random blizzard effects :)-----EDIT---- forgot, I had the adepticon 2013 blizzard scenario rules. Think we will use that.

ImageImage

Can't wait to see more about this battle :D
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:41 pm

very cool nappen!
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks all

My son and I got the bear when we lived in Alaska. don't hunt much, or really at all, but used all the meat. Between that and fishing we ate for a year. Only meat we bought was chicken.

Got the first two layers on the bases.

Then...saw the starter armies on GW and couldn't help myself. Picked up the tau and skitarii. The were fairly good deal. IG and marines were all models I had.