Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Short update:

Playboy wants to make his own magic rules. At first I was reluctant but then I was like, it's not like we're playing with a bunch of people in 8th so he'll get mixed up so what the hey, go for it. And now he's interested in playing more too. He's really liking the ghoul type army more than his first list.

Started working on more of #3/hubby's HE's - I got 10 of the spearmen painted, another 10 to do, and all the calvary.

I got three Crypt Ghast's put together, and made two conversions for Varghulf's out of a couple of Reaper bones' bugbears and left over wings from the 'ghasts.

Working on putting his terrorgheist together now, though I doubt I'll get paint on it for a while yet.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:10 am

so much fun to get the family involved.

My youngest is into chess right now.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 am

Ugh crazy week so far!

I got Jury Duty Monday - ended up in a plea bargain. For which I was really grateful (sort of). At least I didn't have to worry about maybe being on a jury for a murder trial but it was for a 13 yo kid who shot a 16 yo kid. Sad damn story.

Very glad I was able to play with my kid, even if he did evilly kick my tail. Although to be fair, even though the Skaven pretty much shot themselves in the foot all by their lonesome. High point for me was my HPA, Bob, surviving my son's Terrorgheist Deathshriek, rolling a 6 on his death effect table, thus rez'ing, only to be blown up a turn later by a warpfire thrower that ran from a Varghulf and promptly blew up (who decided that used the large template btw?!) Also see same for low point.

So he won about 17 to 13 I think, as I ran out of models to contest points. We were doing a more objective based scenario.

Interestingly, my oldest son wandered by and actually asked a question about the game as we were loudly contesting an interpretation of Deathshriek being able to be used after a charge (which taught #2 son the value of reading his codex as he pointed out the sadly true fact of this). Interesting because #1 has asperger's and really hasn't expressed the interest about much.

Spent some paint time on the Pug from Darksword miniatures - the "cheesecake princess". That thing is a hoot. I've a cousin that loves pugs so guess what she's getting for Christmas? hah

Got some more HE spearman painted on, for my #3 son's army (slash hubby).

Little more detail done on my CAV Dingos as well. I'll try to take some proper pictures later with my real camera.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:38 pm

indeedy

not that I didn't want to do my duty but it made me very nervous. And as my kids are almost the same ages of the kids that were involved, I don't know if I could have stood it tbh.

What's scary was the comment by one of the other would be jurors who passed by stating, "Thank God it was a simple murder trial" because he'd heard much much worse in other trials, on a Grand Jury :( :(

Well, anyway it's a long week coming up, with Turkey day fast approaching here in the US, so I'm hoping to get more games in, do a lot more painting and hobbying!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:32 am

Sounds like a sad situation...not turkey day, but the trial.

Hoping to get some painting done this weekend too.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Got my Dingos done :D

Working on base of my Pug Princess but I'll have those pics up later I hope too.

Just 10 more elf spearmen and those are done... then maybe I can get some more stuffs off my desk heh

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:56 pm

General-Kroll wrote:I see a teletubby! Tinky Winky, unless I'm very much mistaken.
indeed!

best toy ever - got it for my oldest when he was enamored of them so it's like 17 years old now. And yes it still works lol

Saving for various grandkids/toddlers I babysit :)

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:14 am

General-Kroll wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:
General-Kroll wrote:I see a teletubby! Tinky Winky, unless I'm very much mistaken.
indeed!

best toy ever - got it for my oldest when he was enamored of them so it's like 17 years old now. And yes it still works lol

Saving for various grandkids/toddlers I babysit :)
I remember when they were huge, they practically took over the world. My cousins were obsessed by them. It's like they would go into a trance as soon as the music started.
.........shivers at the memories......

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:50 am

<snickers>

The kids are of course mortified now that they ever listened/liked Teletubbies.

And posted in my very late pledge but here it is again:

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 pm

So, still waiting for my Goliath order - maybe it's pre-christmas rush already or something seems to take a bit. Or my FLGS is still being errm mucked up and not ordering properly I dunno.

Meanwhile, I got the elves basing done, better pics when it dries. Working on my Jabberwock a bit, bad phone pics:

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 am

How in the Mork I have missed this thread, well I blame Gork for that :lol:

Anyway nice job like always Guildy, Keep them photos rolling :cool:
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:49 am

Hehe thanks Kdeff :D

Got a couple better (?) pics of the Jabberwock and Elves: