Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

Post by Nappen » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:28 pm

welcome back, glad it was fun!

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks guys =D

started working on a couple things

built some elf archers for my son - I snagged the majority of a battalion box, some DE stuffs, some WE stuffs all from a fella on wyrd FB for $60 so I'm pretty happy. DS' gonna have a ton of elves able to die to my skaven now >:D

Did a little more work on my Jabberwocky - is just really another basecoat layer and affixing it to a decent stand so's to be able to paint it. I'm monkeying with some irridiscent medium to put over the whole thing, or to mix in with the paints (haven't figured out which to do yet). Anyway, it's gonna be fabulous snickers
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:25 pm

no pic updates, but I did get all my paints sorted!

Started as a general, I need to put these things away sort of cleaning, ended up completely resorting, cleaning the caps of all my GW pots, remarking and adding into the PaintRack app I downloaded (well worth it btw). I found I've only accidentally bought 16 pots of the same colour :P

Also built some cavalry for my #3 son's HEs. Dunno if they're going to be painted anytime soon.

And while I was sorta procrastinating working on my 2' X 2' Luna Wolves board, I started puttering around with the 5 hexwraiths I've had on my desk for like... a year now. Sigh. At least all my "to do" bin items are actually IN a "to do" bin now lol

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:19 am

living the dream.

Is paintrack only for android?

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Nappen wrote:living the dream.

Is paintrack only for android?
Ayup

at least at present I think there's a rumour he's working on an iOS version but I could be misremembering

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:30 pm

(WIP Spam be ware)

Took some pics. Strange turn of events. I guess I just don't feel like building terrain atm or something, haven't gotten far on my Luna Wolves Display board. Also some depression because there's no way on God's green earth it'll be ready for tomorrow's Armies on Parade thing at my (almost) LGS, even if I could go, which I can't. Sigh.

So since I'm trying to bulk up my son's HE Army I took this stuff I got in:

And started building instead:

Now he's got another unit of Calvary, two chariots (kinda need to work more on them, but keeping apart til I can prime/paint), and a unit of Spearmen:

Also, took a pic of current state of Jabberwock, he's on his second basecoat atm:

got more rats in (because apparently you can never have enough of the little buggers):

Deathrunners built - aka Gutter runners for my AoS army (I think) anyway I just like them so meh using them.

So all was going pretty well, up til this point, aside from loosing various pieces, and figuring out I need a yoke for the metal chariot... Then disaster =(

Got my airbrush out, confirmed my second one was still broken sadly. And that the nozzle was bent! grrr still not sure how that happened. Quite annoyed. No point fixing the broken part of it now with that addition sadly. Went back to my oldest and first airbrush, only really useable for priming anyway, and discovered of course all the damn bottles have disappeared! and it was too late to go to the store. Waiting for hubby to get home today so I can take the car to the store and get a couple extras. I'm sure I'll find the damn bottles as soon as I buy more. That's how it goes.

So, yeah, atm I think the paint gods hate me :(

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Err so, yeah, I've been mostly working on my big Swamp board. With some Elves on the side.

Starting to make my plants now for the board. And got water effects on order. I was going to use 2 part resin but decided to stick with woodland scenics for two reasons: 1. I know how it reacts to inks etc and 2. the main reason, I already have some and I don't want to mix two types of water effects in the same area just in case!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:11 pm

So, not much updating, just working on 4 night terrors (Malifaux) that I've put together, still working on the elves for #3 son's army and making some trees for my swamp board. I'm going to need to order more water effects, as I want it to be thicker than it is now. Sadly I've used up all my hoard and can't get more til later. Hopefully a few more days. Will give the first layer time to dry anyways.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:56 pm

So: Swamp board.

Honestly it's done, except I need more water effects :( sadly I've decided it's not deep enough in enough sections

And I don't have enough to water effects to complete it to my requirements atm. So, starting next week I'll be snagging 40% coupons and heading to hobby lobby and michael's. I may have to 'mix' water effects after all, Michael's near me doesn't carry woodland scenics they only have the two part envirotex lite stuffs. Anyway, it'll continue after this hiatus! Needs more time to dry anyway - it's taking a lot longer than it should, but that's likely down to our weather etc and the variations in depth at play.

It's very hard to get it to stay one depth with these boards sadly. They're simply not all flat. Even though I used my level to shim sections and what not, I must simply not have poured enough at one go, to have it go all over the areas it was meant to cover. And it still shrinks so. Needs more!

Otherwise, I've gotten my night terrors almost done basecoated. I went for a dark purple instead of black. Will have to take some pics tomorrow when I'm off.

Just got back earlier from taking about 21 toddlers under 4 to the Pumpkin patch lol They had a blast. So did we, really, but God I'm getting old for this stuff!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:54 pm

soooo my board's done!! I put up a video actually on my youtube channel so you can check it out. Pics at the end etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJCR6rHpTiE

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:04 am

Great stuff! Also subbed!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:49 am

Thanks!

So excited - it's our RPG night lol but I want to play on the board sooo badly. So we'll probably set it up for Saturday and get a game in.

:D

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:30 pm

That board would be epic for some sort of huge swamp monster encounter, or a black dragon or something. Provided you have mini's to represent the PC's and stuff.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Oooh yeah that'd be awesome!

I have a bunch of minis we use for our campaigns but didn't think about a swamp dragon/beastie >:D