Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Got more hats done for orkies, took a break and finished priming Jabberwock (nothing really to post yet so no pics). After putting second pin in the troublesome wing, Imrik's dragon's doing better. At least it seems to be holding toether anyway.... <crosses fingers>

So, got paycheque, so I ordered 2 boxes of warbikers. Also did manage to win some auctions for more deffkoptas. I figure I'm good now. Got 6 more coming. Only really figured to field 10, maybe sometimes, but definitely 5 - anyway wanted the option. Didn't order the FW Warbiker boss yet, that'll have to wait a bit yet. I'm thinking about getting their gretchin too just because they're cool looking.

Also had a gift certificate for Reaper so I got a bunch of minis in just now, just bones stuff. We need more monsters for our RPGS, I mostly have the PCs and not a lot of monsters.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:21 pm

I love the gretchin models, they may be my favorite orks.

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:29 pm

Hey Guildy! I went to my FLGS today and I'm pretty sad because they're closing definitively the 19 september because they rent a commercial area under the municipal library and the city is taking them back for an expansion of the library and after 27 years of work, the owner didn't have the courage to go somewhere else and continue for just 5-7 years (he's relatively close of retirement). But, I did my first Fantasy game and won with my Bretonnians against my friend's Lizardmen so I'm still excited.

Long story short, I had a thought for you because they have a sale and I found a large bunch of used Orks stuff at very low price still on their sprue (boxes opened, but not assembled). There were 3 Deffkoptas for 20 CAN $!! It may have been 20$ for one, but it's still a steal in the end. So I was like "I would have wished that she was closer to Quebec than she actually is". All Ork stuff was very low price, you would probably have been very happy. I will go back tomorrow and make some purchases that I was delaying.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Aww how sad that it's closing :( But yes I wish I were closer! lol

good for you though! Get lots o stuffs :D

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:59 pm

Hope anyone in FL is well!!

They closed schools here due to the Hurricane Hermine gonna be making landfall soon. Of course the ballgames are still on... don't ask me, I've already written a nasty note to the school superintendant on that idiocy.

Meanwhile, just in case, I picked up some emergency supplies:

64 Oz growler of Mocha stout, full box of Conspiracy cards, couple books, some iridescent medium I've been wanting to give a go for my Jabberwock model, and a couple more tubes of umber and sienna for my terrain washes etc (more economical than buying most other acrylics).

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:59 pm

I like..no LOVE the emergency prep! That stout sounds so damn good!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:46 am

my son is going to grandma's for the storm :)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Good thought!

we did ok here, little power out, not much more than high winds, and not even the winds they predicted. I've seen worse so I'm pretty relieved.

Thankfully my emergency stash was not in vain! We took the opportunity to flea bomb the house lol spent four hours outside reading and drinking. It was really nice actually. I need to sit out side more often.

Anyway, got my warbikers in today! Dunno if I'll be able to get to them soon, working on my stormfiends atm and my freebie Slaughterpriest from White Dwarf.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Stormfiends WIP! and slaughterpriest

feel free to join me for the UE hobby challenge lol I'm alll aloooooone. Figured it wouldn't necessarily go over that great - lot of peeps are out and about on Labor day weekend here in America anyways, but meh, if you're a stay at home like me, you're painting =D or playing haha

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Guildenstern wrote:Hope anyone in FL is well!!

They closed schools here due to the Hurricane Hermine gonna be making landfall soon. Of course the ballgames are still on... don't ask me, I've already written a nasty note to the school superintendant on that idiocy.

Meanwhile, just in case, I picked up some emergency supplies:

64 Oz growler of Mocha stout, full box of Conspiracy cards, couple books, some iridescent medium I've been wanting to give a go for my Jabberwock model, and a couple more tubes of umber and sienna for my terrain washes etc (more economical than buying most other acrylics).
Nice, someone else that reads John Ringo! You've read his Aldenata series and/or the Kildar, right?
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Hehe I love his stuff, and lots of others - Weber, Drake, Turtledove is good too. Steakley's Armor! Can't believe I missed Ringo's zombie series tbh.

I just finished Outriders - very Ringo-esque too - it's really good, you'd likely like it too if you like him!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Got more done on my guys, still quite a lot of work to do tbh

Munin
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting Pledges

Post by Munin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:57 pm

I liked Ringo's Posleen Cycle books fairly well, but by the end there were just way too many lame Sluggy Freelance in-jokes. It honestly just took me right out of the story.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:49 pm

:P great now I'll have to read them again lol been awhile

Luckily I re-read everything all the time anyway. Especially since books just don't last me like they used to =/

Ran out of books before I ran out of beer!

Anyway gotta more done on my stormfiends and slaughterpriest. I think i'm almost ready to start some of the details yay. Feels like a long slog to this point, but they're pretty big models too.

Not sure what to do for their basing, as I want to do the AoS version of Skrib Nibblers differently from the 8th (to help differentiate the ones not rebased).