Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Caledor blue with a little edge highlight of lothern blue. Pretty much a medium blue with light blue that is.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Mr. Skittles Done - massive pic dump

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Did the base come with it, or is it home made. I really like it.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:54 am

Ah no - it's the Reaper Ruins vignette. I actually got it for a piece of scatter terrain but after looking at the base that came with the Jabberwock, I noticed the vignette was about the perfect size for his foot to stand him on it and used it instead.

It's a nice bit of resin, a lot of detail in it too. I could have probably made it a lot brighter etc but thought it looked better in this instance duller to not overshadow the model.

And joy! I got my Goliath in yesterday finally!!

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:40 am

No, that base is PERFECT exactly as it is. Awesome model, Guildy!
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 am

Took a couple shots of my WIP on the HE calvary:

Mostly working on details and clean up. Did the eyes late last night (God I hate eyes!) threw on some washes before bed, haven't done the faces yet much. Horses are pretty much done except armour highlights. I undercoated the gems with mephiston red or caledor blue to match and then used the technical gem paints over top.

Waiting on some plasticard to come in so I can work on their bases, got the idea off the FB Terrainiacs group for some road type bases. I think I'm going to do overgrown cobblestone roads ala Sperian's basing.

Getting desk cleaned off! Just have the two elf chariots, a dragon lord, a regular lord and a boltthrower (which I need to make an arm for) and the HE will be done for now. Probably going to set them aside a bit as I want to work on my Goliath deathmatch vs. Sperian.

Guildenstern

HE Calvary done sans base

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 pm

bit blurry photo will take another when I get the bases all done etc. I wish I could get a handle on that whole "depth of field" aspect of the photo (so everything is in focus)!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:50 pm

I'ma just leave this here...

Kdeff
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Kdeff » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:40 am

I still do not have my own, and I'm Death Skull orc. Shame on me. :oops:

Also those HE models look super nice, good work there sister !
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Sperian wrote:I'd love to know what percentage of these ended up built as the model they were actually intended to be, and what percentage get looted
Ikr?! lol

I should search on the GW site and see what ones look looted >:D
Kdeff wrote:I still do not have my own, and I'm Death Skull orc. Shame on me. :oops:

Also those HE models look super nice, good work there sister !
Awww don't worry I get the impression they'll be around a while! Also, thanks :) looking forward to getting their bases done and them completely off my desk at this point tbh lol

Got it built late last night, did some of the conversion this morning, primed it and started the rust under coat ala Nappen's Tau (love that method tbh). I'm waiting for it to dry so I can paint on the chipping fluid. Also trying to decide on colour scheme - I'd almost like it to look like it was the original grey colour, and then repainted by the orks, kind of haphazardly, but I'm not entirely sure how that'll turn out. If it'll make sense, that is. Plus it means chipping it twice effectively, maybe. Anyway, gonna think about it tonight while it's drying and try to figure it out.

Did a killkannon on it, because the other gun just wasn't big enough. (That's what she said ^_^)

Also not sure I'm done making it orky - one problem I'm realy having is it looks quite orky already! Anyway, we'll see what inspiration comes.

Oh and if you want to follow me on instagram, I tend to post sporadically there as I work on stuff, with bad phone pics.

Return to “#theweeklypaint 2016”