Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

The goal of #theweeklypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every week. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

So might as well start it off right this year:

My first warhammer/40k vehicle of any kind :D I haven't painted a vehicle since my last P51 so this is a big change from the hundreds of minis I been doing.

still primed black, prolly going to basecoat black as well, I'm liking the look with silver trim and blue accents. it's just hard to change a classic
Last edited by Guildenstern on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Guildy's Stuffs

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:52 pm

So pretty...bluuuuue
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Guildy's 2016 Stuffs

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:30 pm

heheh I'm sorely tempted, you guys make orks look soo cool. We'll see how into 40k my sons get. Right now I have #3 (DS) maybe interested, hence the presents I'm *almost* done with. Which is good seeing as how his birthday is tonight! But what's really funny is #2 (Playboy, who plays VC) likes them as well... We may well end up having a necron battle off in the house by the end of the year lol

Like I said, we'll see, could just be a passing fancy but with momma enabling.. I mean, "encouraging" them, we might have some fun ^^

And I wish the vent thing was cleverer =/ the vents are pretty deep so it's quite hard to see from most angles, and one is off a bit more than the other, but hey it's there :) if you look dead on it's like an easter egg lol

Guildenstern

more Doomscythe wip

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 am

Almost done - waiting for base to dry so I can paint it. Gonna give it to the boy tomorrow afternoon, when we celebrate his birthday :D I haven't done the gun or the portal part yet, waiting to see which he wants to put on, but I'm betting on the gun lol Of course I suppose I should do both, they look pretty interchangeable even without magnets (pretty snug fitting in the base)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:39 am

Wow! Your Night Scythe is amazing! The black and the light blue are just awesome together!

And Orks look a lot of fun to play and paint. MWG Dan, Codyroo and Mike Grove are excellent propagandists for the eternal orkish glory. They're the perfect army for playing unseriously and having fun with family members or friends. They are very fairplay and extremely random making them high in surprise potential. The only problem is that you need to be ready to paint quite a lot of models.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:00 am

I agree that the blue glow effect is cool.

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:03 am

lmao!! omg Sperian that'd be hilarious :)

well, essentially, I'm going to do the same base as the other necrons, and then I'm going to see (tm) what the lad wants to do, I'm a bit stuck for "sci-fi" ideas. Almost everything I do is more fantasy related and I've not been very good at science fiction stuffs. Now, DS though, he's very creative about a lot of these things, has some great ideas (yall ought to see him build legos >< wish I could get him to take an interest in engineering, he'd be great!) So, I'll probably have him help me, as much as I can get him to (he's a bit lazy lol)

*edit*
done! well without skaven corpses anyway :P

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:27 pm

just one more cuz I'm happy it was a hit ^_^

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:28 pm

I too would be a very happy boy to receive a gift like that!

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:39 am

look awesome and I would be very happy too!

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks guys :)

started finishing up my gremlins - although after taking a pic I realized I totally forgot to highlight one of their faces sigh >< Anyway, here they are:

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:23 am

Those look good! Almost enough to get me into Maulifaux.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)