Fan-made 8th Edition (40k) rules for Horus Heresy Legions and Crusade Imperialis armies

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Fan-made 8th Edition (40k) rules for Horus Heresy Legions and Crusade Imperialis armies

Post by Koonitz » Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Stumbled upon this thanks to comments made in a facebook group I follow. For those who are interested in collecting a Heresy Legion army, but are afraid of never having someone to play with (ie: Myself), or just want to see what Horus Heresy is like in 8th Ed, a fan group has been working on 8th Edition rules for the Legionnes Astartes and Crusade Imperialis armies (currently no Mechanicum rules).

You can find the Dakka Dakka post here that links to the Google docs depository and discussion threads.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Fan-made 8th Edition (40k) rules for Horus Heresy Legions and Crusade Imperialis armies

Post by Jeffers » Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 am

Excellent. Thank you.

Just need to find which pdf book they are in

Koonitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Fan-made 8th Edition (40k) rules for Horus Heresy Legions and Crusade Imperialis armies

Post by Koonitz » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 am

Jeffers wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 am
Excellent. Thank you.

Just need to find which pdf book they are in
You've probably already discovered it, but when you click on the Google Drive link from the Dakka Dakka post I linked to, the document titled "30k8e_LegionesAstartes_v220" is the core 30k Legionnes Astartes list, adjusted to 8th Edition. Within will be the unit you're looking for.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 pm

This is amazing... They even have a Battlescribe file with it!

Koonitz

Post by Koonitz » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Ronin wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 pm
This is amazing... They even have a Battlescribe file with it!
I'm looking forward to giving it a try out the next chance I get if a friend of mine is willing. This is pretty much what I wanted for my Thousand Sons legion (the ability to play the Legion against my 40k friends, 'cause no one else plays 30k around here).
Armies:

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Thu May 17, 2018 12:58 am

Meanwhile, I have one guy who adamantly refuses to try anything homebrew... The guy doesn't even like campaign rules, lol.