New Horus Heresy rulebook information

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

New Horus Heresy rulebook information

Post by Koonitz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:18 am

Forge World finally released some information on the new rulebook, found on the WarHammer Community page, here.

Some notes about what it includes:
- Incorporates all FAQs.
- Replaces normal 7th army list creation rules with Horus Heresy rules.
- Lore NOT included. You will still want to purchase your wonderful black books for that (which I recommend).

Of SPECIAL interest:
- The dreaded Invisibility is gone. Replaced with a much more reasonable "Mind Howl". Malediction, WC2, target unit reduces WS/BS to 1.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: New Horus Heresy rulebook information

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 pm

Preorder available Friday. I hope not too much $$ - but they've not stated.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Got mine!!

Still trying to read it - am I right in that it did not follow 40k in rules, but kept the 7th more or less?

Trying to decide if I want to continue with Luna Wolves as well or do a different legion.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Guildenstern wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm
Got mine!!

Still trying to read it - am I right in that it did not follow 40k in rules, but kept the 7th more or less?

Trying to decide if I want to continue with Luna Wolves as well or do a different legion.
Got mine, as well, yesterday. I haven't gone through the entire thing, but I've noticed a couple changes.

It stuck with 7th Edition, with some minor changes. For instance, they have the Horus Heresy force org charts, streamlined the Universal Special Rules to not include anything that no Horus Heresy army has, and to add those that are unique to these armies (like the 'Primarch' USR).

Troops (and those with special rules otherwise) are the only units able to hold objectives, Invisibility is gone, replaced with a much more balanced power. And, of all things, dozer blades got a buff (compared to 7th Ed 40k)!

Apparently the grenade rules have changed, as well, but I haven't read that section, yet.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

yes happy about invisibilty (though I didn't play) It just sounded BS.

Actually kind of glad it's more 7th ish as I'm more familiar with those rules.

Really like this book as well, physically I mean, it's a really nice print!