Doing the Dark Angel thing

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
Wyrst
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Doing the Dark Angel thing

Post by Wyrst » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:23 pm

So, I've been writing a Dark Angels Ironwing list for 2500 points. At the moment I managed to almost nail it at 2497 points and I think it's fairly decent but I'd like to get some feedback from the more experienced players here. How do you think it'll fare? I am potentially looking at taking this list beyond my local club and to events so it'd be nice if it were balanced.

For those unitiated, I'll quickly go over the Dark Angels specific stuff 'cause it is fairly obscure.
[+] Expand
First of, Dark Angels always hit on 3s when fighting an opponent with equal weapon skill granted they're using swords or knifes. Fits the knightly theme and is really handy in all those mirrored fights. Secondly, they get access to extra wargear. Calibanite war blades which are S+1 power swords, Terranic Greatswords which are S+2 AP 3 but with instant death and two-handed (Praetor/Consul only) and stasis shells which are frag grenades which debuff the target's WS and I by 1 until the end of turn upon simply hitting.

Next, the Ironwing brings some cool stuff too in the form of vehicles. Half the army has to be tanks, which explains certain choices. All tanks automatically pass their first failed Dangerous Terrain test, hence the lack of dozer blades. Next, all tanks in a squadron of 2+ gain BS 5. Dreadnoughts gain Tank Hunter and Fear whilst infantry firing pistols, rapid fire or salvo weapons wiht S5 or less gain +1 to wound within 12" of their target.
So, all in all, that's a lot of flat buffs. Here's the list:

HQ:

Damocles Command Rhino ( Pintle-mounted heavy bolter) - 110

Legion Praetor (Cataphractii Armour, Digital Lasers, Combi-Grenade Launcher with Stasis Shells, Grenade harness, Master-Crafted Terranic Greatsword) - 202

Legion Command Squad (Land Raider Phobos, Dozer Blade, Armoured Ceramite, Cataphractii Armour, x3 Chosen, 1x Legion Standard Bearer, x4 Chainfist, Plasma Blaster) - 455

Elite:

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (2x Contemptor Dreadnought, 2x Kheres Assault Cannon each) - 410

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (Rhino, Marksmen, Vexilla, 2x power sword, Artificer Armour, Calibanite War Blade, combi-grenade launcher with stasis shell) - 260

Troops:

Legion Tactical Squad (Rhino, Vexilla, additional Close Combat Weapon, Artificer Armour, Calibanite War Blade, combi-grenade launcher with stasis shell, Melta Bombs) - 230

Legion Tactical Squad (Rhino, Vexilla, additional Close Combat Weapon, Artificer Armour, Calibanite War Blade, Combi-Grenade Launcher with Stasis Shells, Melta Bombs) - 230

Heavy Support:

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron ( Laser Destroyer Array) - 130

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron ( Laser Destroyer Array) - 130

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought ( 2x Grav-flux Bombard , 2x Twin-Linked Volkite Caliver, Armoured Ceramite) - 340

What do you think? I've chosen to mostly ignore flyers though I think I've got the benefit of weight of dice to at least suppress them should they prove an issue. Other than that, I feel like I've covered my bases.