Suggestion for Sigismund and Friends

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
Stelovitch
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Suggestion for Sigismund and Friends

Post by Stelovitch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Hello! I'm starting up an Imperial Fists army with a focus on being a pre-black templars themed force. So, my initial thought was to get a Land Raider Phobos, 9 templar brethren and Sigismund and drive it towards the enemy. However, it seems as though that Sigismund is much better at tackling enemy commanders and terminators, while templar brethren are geared towards mulching anything with power armor. So, perhaps putting them in the same assault transport isn't a good idea.

I'd like any suggestions as to what I should accompany Sigismund with, or even if there's an alternate assault vehicle other than that land raider variant that would work well.

Thank you!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Suggestion for Sigismund and Friends

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Imperial Fists are one of the few legions which can equip their terminators with storm shields. Why not putting him in one squad of them? You might need a Spartan Assault Tank to move them around, but it's a powerful vehicle so it's worth it.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Stelovitch
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Stelovitch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:31 pm

The reason I'm reluctant to to put termies with Siggy is that I'd like to keep his ability to do sweeping advance, since the tartaros terminators cannot be equipped with storm shields, it almost feels like a waste to get them with an IF army.

The spartan is a good idea though!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Stelovitch wrote:The reason I'm reluctant to to put termies with Siggy is that I'd like to keep his ability to do sweeping advance, since the tartaros terminators cannot be equipped with storm shields, it almost feels like a waste to get them with an IF army.

The spartan is a good idea though!
It's certainly frustrating especially that sweeping advances are a thing in HH. You could use a Command Squad then. I think they can be armed with power weapons and have a 2+ save. Just give them AP2 power weapons and combat shields and voilà! You have a rather good CC unit with AP2 weapons and quite durable.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

NotAlpharius
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by NotAlpharius » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:59 pm

You could use a Command Squad then. I think they can be armed with power weapons and have a 2+ save. Just give them AP2 power weapons and combat shields and voilà! You have a rather good CC unit with AP2 weapons and quite durable
Don't forget the Apothecary for that extra fun FNP goodness!!
All generalizations are false.