Iron Warriors - 67th Grand Battalion!

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Iron Warriors - 67th Grand Battalion!

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:39 am

Warsmith-Zarrix wrote: Because I won't be always fielding Perturabo xD only in certain games. Otherwise, my commander will be the Warsmith, with a Master of Signal and a Siege-Breaker. So, I'll need a command vehicle for him and his squad of Terminator Bodyguard. A friend suggested the Mastodon because of its massive carrying capacity and the fact it acts as the perfect assault ram. But, being Iron Warriors, having a long range siege tank also seemed like a choice. I was even suggested to possibly take a Legion Falchion, but I couldn't really make sense of HOW they had that sucker in their Grand Battalion.
Unless this has been changed (I still only have the 6th ed books, I'm considering taking the updated versions soon), I don't think the Legion Falchion can be upgraded to be a Command Tank. Personally, I hate the look of the Mastodon even though it's a fluffy Iron Warrior vehicle for sieges. The point cost is also prohibitive. With the command tank upgrade, it's 720 pts, so it means that your army must be at least 2880 pts or you can't field it (in 30k, your LoW section cannot be more than 25% of your total). It's something to consider. The money cost is also massively high at 300 pounds. ;) I'm not sure it's worth it unless you win at the lottery or your are a millionaire, otherwise you might receive an angry look from your girlfriend. :D Whatever you chose, the Iron Warriors are known for their love of big guns, so anything in the LoW section is pretty fluffy.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:34 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:Unless this has been changed (I still only have the 6th ed books, I'm considering taking the updated versions soon), I don't think the Legion Falchion can be upgraded to be a Command Tank.
It may not.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Warsmith-Zarrix
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Warsmith-Zarrix » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:
Warsmith-Zarrix wrote: Because I won't be always fielding Perturabo xD only in certain games. Otherwise, my commander will be the Warsmith, with a Master of Signal and a Siege-Breaker. So, I'll need a command vehicle for him and his squad of Terminator Bodyguard. A friend suggested the Mastodon because of its massive carrying capacity and the fact it acts as the perfect assault ram. But, being Iron Warriors, having a long range siege tank also seemed like a choice. I was even suggested to possibly take a Legion Falchion, but I couldn't really make sense of HOW they had that sucker in their Grand Battalion.
Unless this has been changed (I still only have the 6th ed books, I'm considering taking the updated versions soon), I don't think the Legion Falchion can be upgraded to be a Command Tank. Personally, I hate the look of the Mastodon even though it's a fluffy Iron Warrior vehicle for sieges. The point cost is also prohibitive. With the command tank upgrade, it's 720 pts, so it means that your army must be at least 2880 pts or you can't field it (in 30k, your LoW section cannot be more than 25% of your total). It's something to consider. The money cost is also massively high at 300 pounds. ;) I'm not sure it's worth it unless you win at the lottery or your are a millionaire, otherwise you might receive an angry look from your girlfriend. :D Whatever you chose, the Iron Warriors are known for their love of big guns, so anything in the LoW section is pretty fluffy.
I'm probably gonna be going with the Felblade then xD apparently a lot of Iron Warriors armies that don't field Pert all the time go for its power. I'm also ironically creating a novel involving these guys X.x hopefully BL will accept when their submissions open back up. Before you ask, these guys WERE Traitors, until the Warsmith slowly began to realize what was happening to his Legion... And after traveling through the warp, being close to the Eye of Terror, they return into the 41st Millennium! :D Though, another thing I forgot to add is the fact they'll have a Librarian with them, and I guess a Chaplain when I feel like using Zealot. The Librarian is former Thousand Sons, hates Ahriman blah blah blah, you know how that goes.