3k Event List

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
SpartanMyth
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

3k Event List

Post by SpartanMyth » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:58 am

Hi all,

I am going to an even in London, UK in May and just wondered how people would view the list I'm taking. It is as follows:

HQ

Siege Breaker cataphractii armour, combi-melta and chainfits

Troops

10 Tactical Marines artificer armour powerfist, additional chainswords, nuncio-vox and vexilla
10 Tactical Marines artificer armour powerfist, additional chainswords, nuncio-vox and vexilla

Elites

2 Quad Mortors shatter shells
2 Quad Mortors phospex canister shot
Contemptor Mortis 2 kheres assault cannons
Apothecarion Detachment 2 Apothecaries with artificer armour and power sword

Heavy Support
10 Iron Havocs augary scanner, 5 lascannons and 5 autocannons
7 Tyrant Siege Terminators 2 chainfists

Perturabo Forgebreaker Rite of War Ironfire

Idea is the apothecaries keep the havocs and home objective tactical squad ticking whilst the two rhino squads push up the board with perturabo, tyrants and siege breaker deep striking up the board aiming for the heart of the enemy all with the artillery raining hell.

Thoughts?
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

SpartanMyth
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Re: 3k Event List

Post by SpartanMyth » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Any thoughts or suggestions?
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Personally, I feel that your list looks fine. The only thing that is lacking would be AA. You have your Tyrant Siege Termies and the Iron Havocs that can be makeshift AA, but it's not incredibly reliable. You might want to get some missile launchers Iron Havocs to cover that weakness, but other than, it looks fine to me.

I like this RoW. Not only it's extremely fluffy and effective, it also reminds me of the rolling barrage used in the German 1918 Spring Offensive. Maybe I would have taken a Medusa or two, but I feel your list will be effective as is outside my other point.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:09 am

Oops forgot the 2 medusas from the list whilst typing. Yeah the thought is I've got the dread offering direct AA and back ups if needed.

6th Edition tally

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:38 am

Aaaaah! They're the Mortis variant! Somehow I didn't realise it. Your list seems pretty solid then.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:18 pm

SpartanMyth wrote:Yeah the thought is I've got the dread offering direct AA and back ups if needed.
The Contemptor Mortis is a good AA option, and the Kheres assault cannons are good, except in practice I've noticed one flaw with them. The 24" range is very limiting and can be easily worked around by the enemy. A single Mortis with these weapons is difficult to use effectively to provide full coverage, especially in a 3,000 point game. I suspect an enemy that wants to rely on their flyers can, and will, easily either outmaneuver, or destroy it. You will not be able to hide it effectively and still provide good coverage, all while remaining stationary to gain AA.

I recommend a longer ranged weapon option, or trying to find the points and heavy slot for a Deredeo.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 am

Thanks both will see how it goes as knowing my luck I'll only face air power in either extreme not one plane lol. I am mildly concerned about the primarch surviving over time but we shall see.

6th Edition tally