New to HH and looking for a good reading list

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
steel-legion-skitarii
Now we're getting somewhere...

New to HH and looking for a good reading list

Post by steel-legion-skitarii » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:25 am

I have just finished Galaxy in Flames. I am interested in the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists, Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, and the Black Templars. Is there any good reading lists for these legions?

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: New to HH and looking for a good reading list

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 am

For Emperor's Children, the novel Fulgrim is a must. Then for the Emperor's Children AND the Iron Warriors, I suggest you Angel Exterminatus. It's pretty much the follow up of Fulgrim and you get to know Perturabo and the Iron Warriors a lot better. In fact, the Iron Warriors are the focus with the Emperor's Children bringing the adventure. This book is one of my favorite HH one by the way.

About the Imperial Fist, I think you learn a lot about them in Praetorians of Dorn. It's in my own read list so I can't confirm it, but I know that Dorn is a major player in that story. During the HH, when you read about the Imperial Fist, you're also reading about the Black Templars since it's one of their successor chapter.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG