Augury Sanner/Interceptor rule

All discussions for Warhammer 30k (i.e. Horus Heresy), including Pre-Heresy, Heresy, and Post-Heresy go here.
MetalNids
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Augury Sanner/Interceptor rule

Post by MetalNids » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Augury Scanner - No enemy units can infiltrate within 18inches. Units that arrive via deep strike inside the 18 inches can be attacked in the shooting phase as if their rapid fire and heavy weapons had Interceptor special rule. Now Interceptor says "at the end of the movement phase, the unit can fire at a unit that arrived vie Reserve, but cant fire next turn (short version of the wording).

So my opponent uses a drop pod and decides to drop it 10 inches away from a tank, and is within 18inches of a unit with a scanner .....can i fire at the unit that disembarks or can I only fire at the drop pod?

I am thinking i can fire at the disembarked unit since it is at the end of the movement phase, which would mean all units have to disembark. and since disembark is part of movement, that would mean they are a legal target.
I play the following Warhammer 40K armies:
Bugs
CSM
Harlequins
Cult Mechanicus
Chaos Demons

HydraulicGold2
Silver Vault Member

Re: Augury Sanner/Interceptor rule

Post by HydraulicGold2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:08 am

Interceptor specifies that you can target passengers that disembarked from a vehicle that arrived from reserves

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Augury Sanner/Interceptor rule

Post by Koonitz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:21 am

MetalNids wrote:"at the end of the movement phase, the unit can fire at a unit that arrived vie Reserve, but cant fire next turn (short version of the wording).
While HydraulicGold2 did give you the answer, I've highlighted why in the quote you conveniently provided.

Units disembark in the movement phase. At the end of the movement phase, unit is on the board, is (assumed to be) within line-of-sight, and has arrived from reserves this turn.

It is a perfectly viable target for interceptor fire.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch