GB 66 - Ruined building

Something Blue
Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

GB 66 - Ruined building

Post by Xaz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:30 pm

So the wife wanted to start making terrain with me so I figured that we would slap together something quick and easy to give her a bit of confidence. I think this whole build took about an hour and a half using mad hair dryer skills.

I didnt take pics of the first few steps. The whole thing was cut out of 1/2" pink insulation foam and hot glued to a piece of 1/8" MDF. This was the longest part of the build. As I carved away at the foam she grabbed another piece and sort of followed along.

Here is the build with the carving done and the base coats of paint. This was a quick airbrushing of flat black and dry brushing dark gray, light gray, and white.

Dudes for reference!

I decided that I would put something blue in it for this months build. I grabbed some cork out of my terrain bits box and bam, tile flooring!

Laying down the coarse and fine sand for ground texture.

Here is the build with the base coats finished on the tile, dry brushed brown black on the ground, and homemade flock.

And viola, the completed piece! This build was so much fun since the wife joined in. Now she is all sorts of excited about building terrain with me.

Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100

Return to “Group Build 66”