Balangaz's GB 66 entry - Ork Lookout Tower (DONE!)

Something Blue
balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Balangaz's GB 66 entry - Ork Lookout Tower (DONE!)

Post by balangaz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Hey guys!

Since it's only 3 days until it's over and I'm trying to push myself into finishing a display board for my orks, I decided to get a piece of it and get it finished and painted by the end of the Build!

It's a lookout tower that'll stay on the back of the board, just used for decoration, probably with a Big Mek on top of it or a group of 5~10 lootaz.

It was like this when I found it, and the basics of the top was glued but without any finishing touches:

I finished building it but it's still missing a ladder to reach the top, and primed it, but the dog got to it and decided that cork, magnets and plastic rod sounds delicious. Here how it is now:

I'll try to think how to get people to the top, and paint it by the deadline. Wish me luck!
Last edited by balangaz on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

genso6
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Balangaz's GB 66 entry - Ork Lookout Tower

Post by genso6 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:11 am

Looks like a solid build. Also as to your dilemma, maybe a short elevator shaft pulled by grots? Or using on of the pulleys from the Trukk wrekkin' ball? good luck!
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:21 pm

I decided to go with the elevator and pulley idea. This is what I came up with:

Can't really see it all that well but when it's all painted up it will be easier. All I have to do now is send everyone to bed, and it's painting time.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

balangaz

Post by balangaz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 pm

Spent some time after lunch painting and here it is. It still needs some checkers painted on it but I won't be able to do it before the deadline, so I'çç call it done.

Th epictures came out overexposed because of the lighting so i'll try to take some more at night, maybe with some models for scale!

Thank you, this was the first time I painted (anything) blue. I hated it, but I woulnd't know it if not for this GB!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Balangaz's GB 66 entry - Ork Lookout Tower (DONE!)

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:12 pm

I really like the idea of the elevator shaft. It all looks propa to me!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Return to “Group Build 66”