It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Destiny, a game of high expectations and hyped by fans. I guess the most important question is does this game feel like halo or is it fresh?

The game starts off asking you to pick a race and class with somewhat limited options, though if it's only because it is a beta build then I am excited for some great customization options.

The music feels fresh but evokes the feelings I got playing halo for the first time. The atmosphere is right and fits like a glove.

The guns, from my limited experience the guns feel solid and look great. Sniping is not terribly difficult but is fun, the shotguns have wicked kick and the MG will require short controlled bursts. Melee feels weighty as well. Punching someone as a titan will send your target off his feet.

Customization is also in here. You may get 3 different armour 23 gauntlets but they will all look different.

Leveling...you don't just level your character, you level your green items and up. A helmet might get you the ability to hold more special ammo, a green sniper could level up to have a different scope and deal more damage. A rocket launcher might not require a full trigger pull to fire.

Competitive multiplayer feels tacked on and different then your strike missions and story missions. It requires an entire play style swap.

Speaking of gameplay, the demo was separated into 5 story missions and 1 strike mission.

The 5 story missions drop you into the same territory but the objective lies in different parts. One mission may take you across the entire territory but others may be right at the start. You will find others players (rarely over 6) exploring the territory until they reach their dungeon, that is when your fire-team is separated from the rest of the server. Respawning takes 30 seconds or a 3 second revive from a teammate.

The story missions are quick and simple dungeon crawls, kill the baddies, kill a pseudo boss, get loot!

Strike missions are like raids. They require some planning and good gear. You'll start off in a general area with some other fire-teams and after some groups of baddies your fire-team will be on its own, fighting through a long and terribly difficult raid. Waves of baddies, bosses and traps. Once you complete the raid you will get some gear that is mostly better than what you had (did the beta raid twice, both times I got better gear then what I had).

The game feels fresh and fun. A new universe to explore and baddies to shoot! Minus load times and unskippable cut scenes, it is a solid game and I can not wait for the full release.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:31 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
Finally, somebody did a review of the beta.

RIP Jeremy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:08 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
It just got into open so I was finally able to try. I absolutely love it. Even the PvP stuff feels better now that I have the hang of it. Plays more like halo multiplayer but beta matchmaking sucks right now.

Did some exploring, found new area's and enemies.

Also, quick adjustment, gear drops from raids are okay. Sometimes you get good gear, other times it is poop.