A few questions about the planetary maps

Discuss MiniWarGaming's open narrative campaign here. Go to MiniWarGaming.com/apothis for details on this campaign.
DeusImperator
First post! Good job, now post more...

A few questions about the planetary maps

Post by DeusImperator » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:42 am

I'm going to pitch this campaign to my group for the winter, but I'm wondering how many Mighty/Planetary Empires sets did you use to make those maps? I currently have one set of each along with two Hive City tiles and the extra Mighty Empires tiles from GW Mail Order. It looks like you have more than that on the board, so I'd like to get an idea what I'd need to recreate it.

In the rules download it says that the GM placed the initial flags on each faction's home world, then the players placed additional flags to bring their totals up to 15. Where were the initial flags placed by the GM and why? Did each faction have the same number of flags placed for them by the GM? I'm wondering why, because I'd like to understand the logic behind the choices so that we could adapt it for other races. For example was the AdMech's first tile on the Vadurak a manufactorum to represent their facilities feeding the Imperial warmachine?

I realize that you guys are busy, but would it be possible to get some close up photos of each planet to copy the layout or even just a diagram explaining it would be awesome too.

I hope this isn't too tall an order, and thanks in advance for any info!

P.S. - I started watching the Warzone Apothis bat reps late, but I'm loving them! I especially like the call backs to the previous narrative campaigns that you guys have run! Keep up the good work!

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: A few questions about the planetary maps

Post by Hedonismbot » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:45 pm

It's all based on the GW campaign crusade of fire supplement that was released a few years ago.

Go look that up and it will fill in many of those detail you want to know.
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.

Akylos
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Akylos » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:56 am

A different question, but in the same vein, so I didn't think it warranted its own topic:

How did you fix the tiles to the gaming mat? I'm busy preparing the same campaign but I'm afraid they will fall off the surface I'm using. So far hot glue doesn't stick to the plastic well enough to support the weight of a whole planet.
*CAW*

Hedonismbot
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Hedonismbot » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:02 am

You may be able to magnetize the tiles with a little bit more time and effort
Aug 31st 2010 10:48 am 5267 and counting.