Kabal of the Bloody Claw

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Kabal of the Bloody Claw

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:02 am

After looking at all those WIPs, I decided to give my Kabal a name and post my slowly (too slowly actually) growing army.

Thought I would start with my venom. I magnatized it, to include the weapons on the riders. was practicing and it was fun, though I admit, I went overboard. I still have two others to paint that are partially built. This one has been posted before, but seemed like the best place to start since it is my first fully painted model. Am currently working on the first five of my thirty wyches.

Here are the finished pics

I like the red and black and am planning on using it throughout my army troops and vehicles. Elites and HQs will be more customized once I learn more and improve my skills.
Last edited by Nappen on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

SleepyPillow
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: Kabal of the Bloody Claw WIP

Post by SleepyPillow » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 am

Hey you nearly magnetized everything on that venom! :P
I magnetized my venoms too, but only their weapons. Works wonders for weapon destroyed effects.

Good stuff so far, I'm looking forward to your future updates.
Sleepy's #thedailypaint - R.I.P.
Sleepy's #theweeklypaint - coming soon™

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 am

Here are some primed wytches. I am doing five for the deathmatch over on the painting forums this month.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Honestly, never thought of that...I like it.

SagaEnder
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by SagaEnder » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Nice.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 am

I have been moving and don't have access to a lot of stuff, but here are some harlequins I have been working on. I still have one harley, the troop master and the shadowseer to go.
Sorry about the quality of the photos.

And here are two painted by my daughter.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:40 am

I have not updated in a while, but am sitting in a hotel room, which is a good time to pick up the brushes. I was working on a wych horde army prior to 6th ed, but am still going to finish them up. 5 are complete, 5 just need to be based and 22 more to paint with 10 on sprues :D .

apologies for picture quality, will get better shots when I get home and get the new house unpacked.

Here are the 10 mostly completed ones

Here are the ones left to paint, minus the two hekatrix. I have made it to the skin so far, and think I will try and do these as an assembly line thing doing one thing at a time.

Here are my wracks. The ones with the missing arm are magnatized so I can change out weapons. Silly, I know, but it seemed a good idea at the time. I brought them on the trip, but don't think I will get to them for a while. :D

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 am

After my all day paint-a-thon I am about halfway done with my twenty wyches. Hopefully next week I will finish and base them so I can move on to my wracks, finish my harleys and start on my leaders. :)

The one with no arms is magnatized, I have a set of splinter pistols, power weapon, agonizer and blast pistol built. I guess I should take a wych bit with a dagger to make a venom blade given the new rule book.

Skari

Post by Skari » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Looking amazing love the magnets!

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:28 am

Here is my entry from the King of the Hill this month. My plan is to use it as a proxy for a grotesque, then build a couple more from rat ogres. The armor matches my Incubi and the robes the sashes on my wyches, though it may be just a bit too much purple. Sorry about the wash out in the pictures. Much darker in person.
I am almost done with my 30 wyches, hope to finish and base them this week.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Finally finished my three squads of wyches and got them based. Was looking for an arena floor look. My first bases were using basing material, then I switched to sand from a gold slough runoff from when I was out panning with my daughter.
The hekatrix were my first attempt at a power weapons, not real happy, but ah, well. Overall, I am sticking with my black and red colors, and other than my coven and HQs, I plan on using it across my army.Are they Dark Eldary enough? :twisted:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Like I posted in my request for ideas for the S&I, I was going for a fleshy look. They are DE afterall, and what better thing to make your shardnets out of than the skin of your fallen foes...ImageImage

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Scorpius » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 pm

They're certainly Dark Eldary. I like the effect you've gone for on the shardnets and the idea behind it, very inventive :) .
I envy your intact Razorflails too... I don't have a single one (bar the straight ones in the right hand) that hasn't snapped umpteen times!
40k:
Necrons - 3850
Dark Eldar - 1850
Eldar - 2100
WHFB:
Empire - 600

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks and yes, it is a pain to the those RF's intact :D

Skari

Post by Skari » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Very nice. As always! Keep up the good work. I, like you, have to do a large paintathon when it comes to my wyches and warriors.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:26 am

I got my warriors off ebay all painted, and as much as they don't match, I just can't bring myself to strip and paint them. They are OOP and they guy did a nice job. I will just call them "the old guard" or something. I do have one squad of current ed to paint. They can be my Kabalites. Will get up a pic of my incubi this morning.

later in the day...I was unable to get into photobucket to pull the photos. Will work on it later...

Return to “Xenos Races”