Some Cheap Eldar, 1850

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
SkaVen91
MiniWarGaming Regular

Some Cheap Eldar, 1850

Post by SkaVen91 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm

So I just picked up some eldar from a guy really cheap, and thought I'd like to play them. It's mostly jetbikes and vypers.

What I bought off him:
Farseer on Bike
12 Guardian Bikers
4 Vypers w/ Shuriken Cannon & Starcannon
Falcon w/ Scatter Laser
6 Banshees

I was thinking as an 1850 list, something like:
Seer (Bike, Runes of Witnessing, Fortune, Doom, Spirit Stones)
Seer (Runes of Witnessing, Guide, Doom, Stones)

10 Dire Avengers (Exarch, DS&SS, Bladestorm, Wave Serpent, Shuriken cannon, Twin Linked Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones)
10 Dire Avengers (Exarch, DS&SS, Bladestorm, Wave Serpent, Shuriken cannon, Twin Linked Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones)
6 Bikes
6 Bikes

Vyper Squadron (3 Vypers, All with Shuriken Cannon & Star Cannon)

Falcon (Scatter Laser, Holofield)
Fire Prism (Holofield)
Night Spinner (Holofield, Shuriken Cannon)

I feel I need more anti tank, but I'm at 1843 out of my 1850, and need to shuffle some stuff around. I'd like to keep it with the fast theme though, as it'd be a shame not to make use of these tasty but expensive jetbikes.

Bear in mind I've never played eldar before, so don't criticise too hard ;D

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Re: Some Cheap Eldar, 1850

Post by Joe » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Good score man, but drop the Star Cannons... and if they are already glued on... melt them off with FIRE!
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

SkaVen91
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by SkaVen91 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

What should I replace them with?

krisbot4000
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by krisbot4000 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 pm

missle launchers, shuri cannons, or scatter lasers on the vypers.
“For the night is dark and full of terrors, but the fire burns them all away.”

lchc13
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by lchc13 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:23 am

I'd drop the shuri cannons off everything too. My personal favorite weapon for waveserpents is the EML. Gives you a bit of flexibility but doesn't cost too much. The vipers shouldn't get to use two weapons as they should be moving 12" to avoid getting destroyed in CC so easily. Just by doing that you can pinch the extra points needed to get a squad of fire dragons to ride in your falcon.

Zero

Post by Zero » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:30 am

Lose the DS/SS's on your Avengers and give them Dual Avenger Catapults instead. Dire Avengers shouldn't be in combat.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

SkaVen91
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by SkaVen91 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 am

So, new list:
Farseer, Stones, Witnessing, Warding, Guide, Fortune, Bike.
Farseer, Stones, Witnessing, Guide, Doom.

10 Harlequins, Shadoweer Upgrade, Troupe Master Upgrade, 8 Kisses.
5 Fire Dragons.

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Bladestorm, Dual Catapults, Serpent, TL Bright Lance.
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Bladestorm, Dual Catapults, Serpent, TL Bright Lance.
10 Guardian Jetbikes, 3 Shuriken Cannons.

3 Vypers, Missile Launchers.

Falcon, Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holofields.

How's that looking? I'd rather use most of the models I have, so I don't need to get new ones. My partner is painting me some Harlequins now, so they stay. Jetbikes stay, though I have up to 12 to mess with. I'd like to keep vypers and falcon also. But all criticism is welcome =]

Basically, Bikeseer will ride with the guardians, turbo boosting unless they have a decent target. Fortune them for rerollable 3++, and guide either the falcon or the vypers.
Other seer will ride in one of the serpents, and will guide/doom from there.

Everything else is fairly self explanitory.

I know the falcon loadout for 9 shots seems a bit strange, but I love how the falcon is painted, and I got it with those pieces firmly attached.

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 am

That list looks much better. It actually looks very solid. Personally though, I'd split up the Jetbikes into seperate squads and would drop the 10th guy.

And the Farseers: they need two powers. A Farseer with one power is a failseer. So maybe drop one unit of 3 Bikes and just take 2 units of 3.

I would lose the Jetbike on the first Farseer and give him Doom and Fortune, then put him with the Harlequins. For the other, give him Guide and Doom and put him with some Dire Avengers.

If you have points spare, try to get yourself some Warlocks on Jetbikes with the Guardians.

SkaVen91
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by SkaVen91 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:58 am

Zero wrote:That list looks much better. It actually looks very solid. Personally though, I'd split up the Jetbikes into seperate squads and would drop the 10th guy.

And the Farseers: they need two powers. A Farseer with one power is a failseer. So maybe drop one unit of 3 Bikes and just take 2 units of 3.

I would lose the Jetbike on the first Farseer and give him Doom and Fortune, then put him with the Harlequins. For the other, give him Guide and Doom and put him with some Dire Avengers.

If you have points spare, try to get yourself some Warlocks on Jetbikes with the Guardians.
The seers in this list do both have 2 powers. Just saying ;) And the jetbike seer is a must, cool conversion that I wish to keep in the list =] Will work on it

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Hahahahaha, really, really sorry about that. I even made the same kind of mistake in another thread last night. It was pretty late for me and I'd had a big day, so I just wasn't concentrating properly :P

If the Jetbike Farseer must stay, perhaps you should consider a Seer Council? Take the Farseer with Doom and Fortune with 8-10 Warlocks on Jetbikes with 6-8 Destructors, Enhance and Embolden. I'm sure you could convert the Guardian Jetbikes or even just proxy them if your friends allow it into the Warlocks.

It's an expensive unit though, and you'd probably have to drop the Dragons and the Falcon to fit them, but it's well worth it. The Seer council is almost indestructable and can wreck vehicles and units with ease.